Sunday, June 11, 2006

Good Old Fashioned Fun


I saw a bag like this in a recent issue of Country Living (or maybe it was Country Home, I can't tell the difference, lol), and had to make one for myself. I have been rummaging up lots of vintage fabrics this year, and I LOVE how it turned out. Plus, it was an excuse to use a piece of vintage trim I had saved from a long ago used up pillow I bought at Mount Dora in Florida. (I miss junking in Florida.) It is fresh and summery fun, although my photo does not do the fabrics justice.


When I was a kid, I loved going to the church picnic at the Catholic church across the street from my grandma's house. We are lucky to currently a stone's throw from the local catholic church, and this weekend was the annual church picnic. We had so much fun! We ate candy, popcorn and caramel apples. We played games (lollipop tree and duck pond), and Jack rode every ride that a little squirt could ride. He liked the slide (wheeee!), the dinosaurs were just "eh" (look how laid back he looks in that giant barney-esque thing), but the cars, the cars were the hit of the day. He wanted to ride them again and again and again. (And, of course, we let him.)

2 comments:

  1. I love that bag! Have you ever considered selling your crafts? I swear, almost every time you post something that you've made, I think "I would buy that!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! hint, hint, etsy is pretty easy to access.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?