Monday, July 24, 2006

Alive and Well

We have survived the horrible storm that blew through Saint Louis fairly unscathed. We lost some of our big maple tree, and it was a hairy few moments in the parking lot of the Costco, but, we are lucky to have never lost electricity of anything else of value. The pictures are amazing, and worth googling if you have a moment, and hopefully the National Guard and AmerenUE will have everyone else in Saint Louis back in good standing very soon.

Jack seems to think that buckets are hats. This is despite the fact that he will never actually wear a genuine hat, no matter how hard I try. I especially like that the bucket he has chosen for his head says "Hard." He is one hard headed kid indeed!

This is what has become of the thrifted sheet from a week or so ago. Being at home with Jack all day has made a mess of my clothes. I own nothing without stains or holes. So, I decided I needed a new apron. While having a browse through a recent Tie One On, I discovered the smock. Ahhh, smock of my dreams. I am SO, SO pleased with how it turned out. It's perfect! I had the perfect vintage green button for the back, and it just looks so lovely in all it's flowery goodness. Plus, it was a chance to use my very small, very beautiful vintage hanger. Who puts millinery flowers on hangers? I love it. Now, if I can only find the guts to dirty the thing up with toddler fingerprints, and playdough and V8 Fusion....

P.S. Can any help me solve my making a pretty link dilemma? What I am trying isn't formatting correctly.

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome smock! I have trouble seeing it as something you're supposed to get dirty - if the back wasn't so open I'd match it with a skirt and go out for tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So would I! I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely smock!! I really want to make one before the warm weather disappears.

    Regarding your linking of text. I type out all my text and then highlight the words I want linked afterwards with my mouse. I then click on the link icon and paste in the web address (which I have copied before I highlighted the text to link). Confused yet? I'm not sure if this is what you are doing, but it seems to work for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of Jack with his "hat" - why is it that they always find a way around what we want them to do (ie: wear hats!). Silly kiddies!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?