Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Christmas In July

I really love Christmas time.When Dave and I first met we would always celebrate Christmas in July as well as traditional Christmas. I suppose it really started as a way to spice up the long summer months before Halloween, since I always need to be decorating for something! We slacked off this year, and I really decorated nothing (the 4th of July stuff is still up), but, because I have such a huge collection of vintage Christmas stuff that I love, some of it is out year round here and there in the house.

The picture above includes some silver glass bead garland that was thrifted this summer (so cheap I am embarrassed to say what I paid for it!); one of my most favorite things ever, the aqua star tree from long ago Germany (I am embarrassed to say how expensive it was!) which was bought in an antique mall on the long move back to Missouri; a Target Rachel Ashwell Shabby Chic box from this past Christmas (that I desperately wanted and Dave bought for me, and then filled it with most awesome tickets to championship figure skating!); and a big Martha Stewart glass jar from K-mart filled with some of my favorite vintage ornaments (I was able to buy nearly a 1,000 of them in Florida in 2 short years. In Missouri I have very little luck finding them, and am lucky to add 2 dozen new ones to the collection each year.).

Anyway, one day late, but Merry Christmas In July to all!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 1000 ornaments! Well, happy Xmas in July!

    Thanks for stopping my my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just posted on my own blog about being ready for Christmas. :)

    Happy Christmas in July
    ~Pinz (from ADL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG a girl after my own heart. I am vintage Christmas insane. I have 4 trees. And I too am having a hard time finding glass ornaments now. I used to pick them up for a song.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?