Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day

It has been hot, hot, hot here. We went to the O'Fallon Heritage Days picnic for the holiday, and honestly, it was a dud. It is O'Fallon's sesquicentennial this year, http://www.celebrateofallonmo.com/ , and I expected more hooplah! We did enjoy good BBQ though!



Jack had a really rough night last night, up from about 4 till time to rise for the day. He is currently napping, and to celebrate my survival, I made chocolate strawberries. We recently made the switch from Sam's to Costco, which is really convienently close to the house, and I am loving having pounds and pounds of fresh produce. Organic spring greens for dinner? No problem! 4 lbs of fresh strawberries for the holiday for like 5 bucks? No problem!



The best part of the picnic was the petting zoo. Jack enjoyed all the animals, but especially these special white fluffy chickens.


Just a pretty sign from the picnic. I love the graphics, even if my photo could have been better. (Hey, it was hot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there. What say you?