Monday, July 31, 2006
Work to do, moments to keep
Blogger seems to be having photo issues AGAIN. So, I may have to add them in later. (Maybe the third time's a charm?)
I snuck into Jack's room to take a photo of him sleeping. I have very few of those photos, because his sleeping requirements are pretty rigid, and lately he seems like a very big boy. Some of my favorite things about Jack right now are:
* The way he says bye bye at bedtime. He waves with one finger, and I can hear him in his bed saying bye bye to everything he knows. "bye bye pons (thomas), bye bye tes (teletubbies), bye bye mama, bye bye dada..."
* His language! It is so awesome to hear him say Flowers and Bird and Duck and Mess and Gross and Monkey, I could go on and on.
* The way he knocks on the front door when we come home and asks "where are the kitties?"
* The way he sits in my lap and reads books for hours on end.
* He can put his own train tracks together now, it is amazing to see what he comes up with.
* The sudden need to have both clean hands and a clean face, and the way he asks me to wash them for him.
* His really genuine love and affection for his Dandy (the security blanket.) He is actually EXCITED to see it when he discovers it lying on the floor, he runs over, rubs it all over his face and just coos with joy.
* Oh my, I could go on and on. He is really getting to a terrific age for all of us.
And, I especially love the little "person" he is!