Thursday, August 03, 2006

The Most Important Lesson

So, here is a photo of Jack. Duh, right? Yes, but, this photo was taken about 30 seconds after he finished having a morning that could rival Alexander and his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. We had a rough attempt at trying to go the library (a dismal failure), a few difficult moments in the time out spot, and then the world's largest temper tantrum.

But what is the lesson here? When it's over, it's over. Jack can be madder than all holy hell, but, when he is done, he is done. He will grab Dandy and come sit on my lap for kisses and cuddles and the whole thing is completely, utterly forgotten.

There is none of that adult foolishness whereby he holds onto grudges for months on end. He is passionate enough to really fight for what he wants, and yet, he is smart enough to know when to give in and get on with it. Anyway, I think I learned a very important life lesson in there, in the tantrum of an almost-two year old.

In other news, I sorta organized the fabric in my sewing closet. My brilliant husband bought some closet organizers that do the job pretty well, and I can actually see what I have in there. (Previously it was one giant pile that prevented even the doors from closing.)

And because I could see what I have in there, I made something! It turned out so sweet. Tutorial here

5 comments:

  1. Oh I wish that more people wouldn't hold grudges, but intrinsic to that wish is that people would air everything out at once and that it would be discussed. So much in the world could be solved this way! Cute pic by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great lesson. For some reaosn, kids and dogs get this instinctively, and we oh-so-wise adults constantly struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should take lessons from Jack. I hold grudges big time, but I am working on it. I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shanna (SM)10:10 AM

    Look at all that Beautiful fabric! I'm so jealous. I'm also sort of a "grudge holder" and need to take lessons from your toddler. That picture is just adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I learned something from Jack today :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?