Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Craziness!


These are quite possibly the worst photos ever, but, the past few days have been so busy that I hardly have time to hiccup! I junked up a huge pile of really awesome fabrics this morning, and this chicken one is one of my favorites. It is a really sweet, soft yellow.



I have been meaning to post about diaper wipes forever, but, I am always finding myself with new things to blog and I never get around to the old. Since all of my old wipes were mistakenly thrown away this past week, (after TWO years of service!), I decided this was a good time to blog it. I make my own diaper wipes by cutting up $1 a yard flannel. The first two years worth cost me a whopping $3. This new pile is another $3. I don't even bother to cut them with pinking shears, or to hem them in anyway. Just cut them up, wash and go. I store them in a wipes warmer, with the pad wet and add a few drops of tea tree oil to the pad to help with any mildew issues. I only wet about 2 days worth at a time. I toss them in an office sized trash can, and soak with some Clorox 2 for a few hours before I wash them. (With Oxiclean of course!) Et voila! Cheap-o environmentally friendly baby wipes. Not the most exciting topic ever, but, I get asked about it often enough.

If anyone is interested in a crafty swap, check out Thrifty Goodness. I will be participating and I would love to see you there!

3 comments:

  1. Would you believe that I hem flannel cloth wipes? There is something about monotonous sewing that I find theraputic LOL!

    I love the craft swap idea. I don't have my sewing machine here at my temporary home, so I'm going to have the think harder if I sign up ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, now I see it's for supplies, and not for an actual craft!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting about our supplies swap. :) And I have to say your diaper wipes are a great idea, very economical! (now that's thrifty goodness if I ever saw it)

    Laura - I would like to do a an actual craft swap soon but since this was my first I thought i'd make it an easy one. plus I have way too much stuff and need to destash a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?