Monday, September 11, 2006

Sewing that takes forever...


I have been working on a few sewing projects that are taking forever to complete. Two of which I cannot show you until the end of the week (surprises that need to be mailed and all of that), and this one. A small floor mat for our bathroom. This one took forever because I had to hand sew all the edges on the patchwork pieces down before I could sew them down, because they were too small to do it any other way. I bought the pieces already cut for quilting at a rummage sale for a pittance, so I suppose this is the price one must pay. The green pieces have white flocked swiss dots, and so do the pink pieces, which are also covered in sweet little roses. I still am not quite happy with the binding, but, good things take time I suppose.

Anyway, being massively stressed out and all lately, the sewing is a good thing. It calms my spirit.

Upon hearing that I was making a bathmat, my mother replied "Why? You can buy those at the store you know." I think the card for the purse she wants me to sew for her will say "Well, I could have bought at the store and all!"

That is one of our cats, Poppet, trying it out. And our lovely (ugly!) rental house bathroom floor. Think 1971 fake parquet...

P.S. Thank you for the warm thoughts about the situation with Jack and school. Things are not going very well there (hence the stressed out bit), and we are working on a solution that is right for all of us. And, "Sarah, too" thanks for coming out of lurkerdom! I would love to know how you found your way here, your comment meant a lot to me.

1 comment:

  1. Not only do you have a cute kid, but a cute kittie too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?