Sunday, September 03, 2006

You did what?

Why yes, we are crazy. Yesterday we took our nearly 2 year old son on the 61 mile yard sale . That's right, 61 miles of yard sales on Old Highway 61 in Southern Missouri. It meant about 9 hours in the car, and honestly, Jack did great! I was very surprised. Look at him, you would never know he hates spending more than 10 minutes in the car.

The sale itself was mildy disappointing, nothing that we bought is really even worth posting (we spent a grand total of $10), but, it was a great adventure anyway. Some photos from the trip:
The door to nowhere. The front of the store is still standing, but the back is gone.

I thought this building was amazing. It reminds me of something from an old western movie.

One of my ideas to keep Jack happy in the car. I just used an old enamel tray I have in my enamel collection, but you could also use a cookie sheet.

P.S. Jack and I will be on Parent Hacks soon! I will let you know when it happens.

1 comment:

  1. You are really brave to do that with Jack, but it seems like he managed the yard sale well. Such a great smile! And I really like the picture of the door frame.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?