Tuesday, September 26, 2006

You're invited


I am really drawn to fabric bunting. I just stumbled across it one day on Ebay, and it has been in my head ever since. I was at a loss for birthday invites, and then it came to me. Bunting! I used pretty patterned scrapbook papers and a tiny ribbon to make the party bunting on the front. Of course, the inside includes the word "orange" since we are having an Orange themed party. "Orange you glad you're invited?"

I made this ball for Alexandra and Katrina for winning my little blog contest. It was the first time I had made a ball like this, and I am hoping it will hold up to the rigors of an infant/toddler. I used wool felt, and did all the sewing by hand. The pattern can be found Here. I debated for a long time about putting something that would make noise in it, but, decided against it because I wasn't at all sure it wouldn't come out at some point and be hazardous.

3 comments:

  1. We love, love, love the ball! It is great! And I love the party invites too - can we come? ;-) I may have to steal the idea at some point. So creative, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ball AND the invites! I agree with the bunting, I'm all about but have yet to make it. :) I love the orange theme, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those bunting invites! Someday I just might borrow your darling idea! Thanks for sharing! *Risa

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?