Friday, October 13, 2006

It's official



It's official, I am insane. Jack's birthday party is tomorrow, there are a million things that need doing, and instead, I am positively freaked out about cupcakes! Last year I made him a really awesome monkey cake. It was easy, it was cute, it fit the theme! I swear, I have tried a million different cupcake ideas and nothing is working, nothing is making me happy. I am 5 minutes from buying pre-made cupcakes at Costco and calling it good. (Will I be able to live with myself? LOL) Ugh, here is hoping that either inspiration or the Entemann's man strikes soon.

In the meantime, I finally finished this pillow. I LOVE it! Love, love, love it! My husband took one look at it and said, "You don't fool me, that pillow is for napping on the sofa. Why else would my wife need a down pillow there?" The acorn is more applique, done with Steam-A-Seam II. The ruffle is grosgrain ribbon, that I pinned and ruffled an inch at a time. And I love the pretty toile on the back. I stuffed it with an old down pillow we had on our bed. Money spent on new materials for it? $1.93. Not too shabby.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, it's lovely and good luck with the party !
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is simply beautiful! That toile is gorgeous! The cupcakes will be okay--don't get so stressed that you can't enjoy yourself and watch Jack have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the acorn!

    What exactly is the problem with the cupcakes? Baking? Decorating?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cushions. Dare I ask what's wrong with bought cake? Just have loads of fun at the party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! And your goodies below are too! HAve a great time , and enjoy the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that I didn't see this before Jack's party, but I hope that you didn't stress too much over the cupcakes!

    Your pillows are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't invite me over, I will steal that pillow. You have been warned. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?