Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A little bit of everything.


It is REALLY cold here today. Cold and rainy. Cold enough for the first fire in the fireplace. Cold enough to kick on the furnace for the first time. What else was there for Jack and I to do but hit the ever dwindling supply of yard sales? I found lots of good stuff. The top photo is 2 aprons (to be scavenged for fabric I think, the aprons aren't really anything terrific), another tablecloth for the collection, and little pink and blue plastic turtle thermometer, which Jack swears it is a frog.

And below, the score that almost made me squeal outloud with delight. (But, you know, you have to play it cool or else you arouse suspicion that you have found something really terrific.) 6! Count 'em, 6! boxes of Shiny Brites and a box of my favorite turquoise tear drop ornies. I have some of those already, and they are magical on the tree. They have that really great glow that only vintage ornaments have, and, I got nearly 80 ornaments for a price that is almost embarrassing, less than $2. Woohoo!





And, last, but not least, my fall purse is finally finished. The sewing machine is really giving me fits right now. Dave talked me into using the chickens, I wasn't sure about them on a bag at first, but, he was right, they look great. I tried to pull down the front a little so you could see the sweet rose fabric I lined it with.

6 comments:

  1. Love that tablecloth! And the ornaments....DROOL! Awesome find, way to go! You are lucky to have Thursday sales in your part of the world. Here they start on Friday but the main day is Saturday. We're supposed to have a really nice weekend but I fear that our yard sale season is pretty much over. Wah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do make such lovely purses. And I'm with Dave - I like the chickens (although I wouldn't have originally thought that they would go).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled across your blog and thought I would post how incredibly jealous I am of the tablecloth and apron finds. Those would look TDF in my kitchen. You have me all psyched up for my thrifting trip tomorrow. Dh gives me 10.00 and 1 hr every once in a blue moon. Tomorrow is my day! Wish me luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ornament envy! Actually, I'm going to call my parents today and ask that they salvage the glass ornaments from my grandmother's house before they clean it out ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a major score - especially the shiny brites. your bag came out so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so jealous of those Christmas decorations, what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?