Friday, October 27, 2006

On the eighth day of Halloween...

The Great Pumpkin gave to me:

One toddler desperately digging in a jar in the Halloween china cabinet to remove the "skeltins",

One used-to-be very beautiful orange oak tree (it has now lost all of it leaves since it has done nothing but rain for 2 weeks straight),

One more pile of junked up, vintage, fabulous fabric (there are some genuine 1930s prints in there!),

One more very hard to photograph Halloween tree,

And one VERY uncooperative, hugely annoying Blogspot.com, who has refused all week to load photos properly, and who has made me sit here for almost 30 minutes trying to get those 4 photos onto the blog. Not very thrilling photos today, but, like I said, all it does is R-A-I-N right now. I am so sick of it. What happened to fall? Jack and I should be spending all day playing in the yard!

P.S. The Cardinals could take the World Series tonight, we will be rooting them on!

6 comments:

  1. I love how you've used the black feather boa as a garland--clever! Man, I wish I had a mantle. Did you make the BOO garland? It's super cute! Love the glittery letters. I finally found some of those K & Co glittery letters you posted about a while back. I got them in pink and silver but I'm afraid to open the boxes because it will make such a MESS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Chris is watching the ball game as I type this. Even though we're Canadian (read: genetically inclined towards hockey)) and have never lived in a city with a MLB team ...

    Anyway, what I meant to write was that yours is the first Halloween tree I've ever seen! Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, I got the glittery Halloween garlands from Oriental Trading company. There is also one that says EEK! and one that says SPOOKY. (I will try and get photos of them before Halloween, but they are over mirrors.) The mantle is actually just that, a mantle. There is no fireplace! BTW, I tied the ribbons on the tree after seeing your ribbon toparies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your tree. I had hope so making one this year and decorating it but time seriously just vanished this month. I swear it is still the beginning of September.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever since we moved in 2 years ago, I have contemplated on and off about getting and old mantle somewhere and just putting it up. No fireplace, not even gas but I don't care! There's a great salvage place in town but most of their stuff is outside (gets the extra weathered look!) and so it pretty much shuts down when it gets cold. Bummer! I know I'll probably have to pay a pretty penny but it would probably be SO worth it. Now you've got me thinking about it again! Oh, and I'll have to check the OTC online for those garlands. They are too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah..love your tree and decorations! I'm trying to make a topiary tree like heidi's but mine's not coming out as pretty. I must be looped challenged! (among other challenges i face like being procrastinationally challenged ..new word) ;)

    :)lucy

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?