Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hi again.


Hi again. Did you miss me?
Santa is from the flea market this morning. It has been 70 degrees here for days now. It's wierd to be at the flea market the last weekend in November in Missouri. Of course, in Florida, we went year round.

Jack is now residing in the "blue room." It has been a ridiculous amount of work, but totally worth it. His room looks great in there with the blue. Ignore the lack of proper curtains, they are in the pipeline. The chair under the window is now the best seat in the house, and he has spent many hours asking if we can sit and read in his chair.

Remember this? I was terrified of moving him. It is the best thing we have ever done. For 2 years I have not been able to sew a stitch or even use the bathroom because you couldn't walk down the hall while Jack was sleeping. I am finally free! Free! I can move about as I please.

And my beautiful new sewing room. Everything is sorted, folded, organized. And NOT piled up to the ceiling. I need to move up the curtains a touch, the tabs are too low, and it is a bit more crowded since it is the smaller of the two bedrooms, but otherwise it is heavenly. Clearly the nosey cats think so too.

My favorite, favorite part of my new room. A patchwork bulletin board. I am clearly patchwork obsessed at the moment. I love that it gets some of my pretty fabrics out of a drawer, I love that have a place to tack up the sweet cards some of you have sent me, I love that I have a place to keep all those little applique patterns and inspiring magazine photos, and so forth that are constantly being lost. It's swell.

Too much work this weekend, time to go read a magazine.

P.S. Thank you for the well wishes for Jack, he is improving, but still not himself.

10 comments:

  1. your rooms look great! It's so satisfying to have it all done, and I think moving a room is as much a mental rearrangement as a physical one. Wishing you many creative hours in your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful job on both rooms! I am so jealous of your sewing room. I still have to clear space on the kitchen table to sew. Glad Jack is better. And the Santa is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rooms look fabulous! I bet that Jack adores his new hideout - I would love it if my chair looked half as inviting! Good luck with your new creative space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you a room of your own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both rooms look beautiful-- go, you! what a busy weekend you all must have had.

    So sorry to hear Jack still isn't feeling all better... sounds like he had something like what we dealt with a week ago (shudder). Hope he's over it soon and back to his perky self.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! Jack's room certainly looks like the place to be. And your sewing room! I am jealous! Are those the curtains I sent? They totally didn't do for my craft room (where they used to hang) what they do for yours. :) It was meant to be! And I agree with the bulliten board love, I have one now, too, and it's full of inspiring things!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow everything looks so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that board!!!! And you did a great(fast job) on the rooms!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That santa is so sweet! What a lovely room!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job putting everything together!! Lucky you for having a room to yourself to create in!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?