Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Whew!



At last! A new messenger bag. This one took a long time to make, I spent at least 8 hours on it on Saturday while Jack was with Dave, and another 3 or 4 hours here or there. I am really pleased with the results.

I had a really hard time getting the diamond quilting to work right on the first try, which resulted in a ruined piece of my precious reproduction fabric. That held me up a few days, because that shop is only open on the weekend.

My patchwork on the flap is still not quite perfect, but, I am getting better. And just when I thought I finally had it finished, the iron kissed the vinyl strap, melting it a little, so I need to rip that part out and fix it.

Close up of the bird applique.

Close up of the diamond quilting.

Inspiration (and help!) came from this and this and finally this.

Coming tomorrow, my husband makes a guest blogger appearance, be sure to wish him well while you are here!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens, this is fantastic-no gorgeous-no amazing.......unbeilvable, no wonder it took so long!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the diamond quilting looks awesome, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, beautiful bag! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?