Friday, December 01, 2006

Baby, it's cold outside.


Ahh, our first snow day. We started it off with our traditional snow day breakfast of french toast. When I added the powdered sugar to Jack's toast, he exclaimed "snow mama! more snow please!"

This year he loved it, as opposed to the intense hatred and much crying from last year. He played outside for more than an hour this morning and more than an hour again this afternoon. Making snow angels, riding in his Cozy Coupe, being pulled in his Little Tykes boat. Fun was had by all.

I spent most of the day sewing. I am on a sewing jag, can you tell? I am quite pleased with how this little bird purse turned out, except for the lining, which was quite difficult to put in, and not as perfect as I would like. Actually, the whole thing took a LOT longer than I thought it would (4 hours or so, maybe? I had to redo the wing several times.) The pattern can be found here. I only did one wing, instead of two like the pattern called for, because I thought it was sort of silly to have wings on both sides of a purse. Also, it photographs a bit more lumpy looking than it is. I think it is because it is empty, and it has that bottom gusset in it. I should have stuffed it.

Ah well, I missed my nap, what can I say? LOL

4 comments:

  1. I love that purse, it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowy images. The purse is so sweet I think you did well making it in 4 hours I'm sure it would have taken me much, much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet pic of Jack!Very cute purese!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! And I love the colors you picked

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?