Monday, December 11, 2006

A million things to say, one blog post


The branch is finally finished! I think the photo would be loads better with some sunshine, but apparently the sun is never going to shine here again, so I will take what I can get. I love it! It turned out perfectly, even if it did take forever. (And 320 feet of tinsel.) I am pretty sure you can all click on the photo to see it larger.

Close up of the birds. You can see the details of the birds more on the pink ones, because the glitter is more transparent. In an ideal world they would all be either opaque or transparent, but come on, the world just isn't perfect, is it?

Because most of my trees are dripping with delicate vintage stuff, I let Jack decorate his little tinsel tree from Target. I actually shed a tear when he was doing it. My baby is decorating a Christmas tree! Of course, he wanted to hang shiny jingle bells on it. My husband remarked that the love of all things shiny is clearly genetic.

We took Jack to Main Street St. Charles yesterday. This is Frontier Santa (as you can see Jack is enthralled by the costume.) We also saw Civil War Santa, the Ice Queen, Jack frost and others. Jack's favorite part was the Kettle Corn, of course.

AND, we have been thrifting. My husband is a lucky charm, I found 3 tablecloths today for $1.50 each.

The Christmas tree is finished, we have taken the photos with the mall Santa, and finally I am off to turn that fabric into curtains!

17 comments:

  1. the branch turned out lovely - and i'm very jealous of your tablecloth finds! i have yet to find one --ONE!
    (your silver ribbon did save my ornaments, btw, and i'll post about it next week).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your branch came out great!

    I love Jack's tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I LOVE your branch with the birds. So simple but charming !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. stellameredith6:12 AM

    Hey Sarah, I followed you over from ADL. I must admit that your initial post about the branch inspired me - I went right to Target and got the stuff I needed to make one for my open house. It turned out well, but not as pink and blue as yours! I just went with the birds they had in the craft store. I think it was pretty, what a great idea! Yours is lovely! I just wanted to let you know that your blog inspires me to try new stuff. Rod commented that he loves it when I craft, and I made a mental note to check out what you're doing next!

    stella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in heaven... love the branch, love the birds!
    You are stinkin awesome!
    The colors are so dreamy...
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The branch is gorgeous. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That branch is gorgeous - I like the fact that the birds turned out differently. I also like the idea of Jack decorating his own tree. Katrina will get her own one next year too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...your baby is growing up!! Your branch turned out lovely, I've never seen one like that. Love the colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the branch, it has turned out brilliantly. Thanks for the offer re tinsel, if I'm honest I'm really not going to have the time to get one done this year but I'm definetly going to try for next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun post! Love the tree really lovely,love thetablecloths too and the pics with Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been busy! I LOVE your branch. You shoudl be very proud of all your hard work!

    Jack is such a super sweetie decorating that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the branch is gorgeous! it looks like such fun at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning branch & wonderful tableclothes!!! I wish my hubby would come in with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the birds and branch, I have a thing for glittery birds lol!
    I might get my kids their own trees next year, I will see what I can pick up in the sales.
    Where are you actually putting the branch?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found your blog via ApronThriftGirl's blog. Your comment about electricity being out caught my eye as we just experienced the same thing. You confirmed that we are, indeed, neighbors when you mentioned Main St. So, "Hi, neighbor!"

    Your tree and holiday decorations are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. peta, the branch is just sitting on top of my pie safe, just like it is in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, tablecloths for $1.50! They're gorgeous. Do you live near St. Charles? My sister lives in Aurora and I live in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?