Wednesday, December 27, 2006

News of the day


When Jack was a pretty small baby, I watched a history channel special on the mothers of the Presidents. I have long since admired Gerald Ford and his mother. What an interesting and aspiring story they shared as mother and child. When I think of him, I am reminded that somewhere out there, some mama much like myself (or maybe even myself!) is raising her toddler, who will one day be the President of the United States of America. Amazing stuff that is.

Some of the Henry Alexander Merry Modernica fabric has become my current "lay on the sofa and take a nap" pillow. It has thrifted blue velvet on the back, and I am quite proud of the little ruffle.

A little chickadee I have been working on. I finally put the vintage animal pattern I bought off Ebay to use. The 1930's reproduction fabric makes her pretty special.
She is a little wonky, but it was my first go round with the pattern, maybe the next one will be a little closer to perfect!

6 comments:

  1. I love that little chicky, so cute! Jack and your pretty cat look very contented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the chickadee looks perfect! Me wants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the chickadee looks perfect! Me wants! Happy holidays to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think she's beautiful just like she is! what great fabric - both the pillow and the chickadee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chickadee is adorable and so is that Jack. I love the material on the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so funny that you say that - we've always told Schecky this:

    "You can be anything in the world that you want to be when you grow up. However, we would prefer if you didn't run for President..."
    :)

    Darling Chickadee!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?