Friday, January 26, 2007

"Berry" obsessed


When we lived in Florida, I used to go to the Florida Strawberry Festival with my students every year. When I was in college, I was the manager of a candy store. For Valentine's Day I would spend many, many hours making a million pounds of chocolate covered strawberries.

Clearly, strawberries still hold a place in my heart. The wire tree is decorated for Valentine's Day with the glass chocolate covered strawberry ornaments my husband gave me last year for Valentine's Day.

The pink feather tree is decorated with homemade strawberry ornaments, bought at a yard sale this summer. She has painted walnuts, added white glass seed beads for the seeds, and made green felt tops.

And, I am eating these beauties, courtesy of Costco. Yummmy.

The light this morning is really beautiful. Even Jack is feeling a bit more serene.

I am going on a little road trip tomorrow, but, starting on Sunday, there will be a "berry" special giveaway on my little blog here! Until then, have a "berry" good weekend!

15 comments:

  1. Love all the strawberry goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink feather tree! Jack looks so chill & happy. :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the berries! Makes me miss my big strawberry patch at our old house.
    Have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah, my heart is aching for this tree. It is is soo special, soo charming, so wonderful. Really I love it. !!!!! Have a yummy weekend Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet picture of dear Jack! And your strawberries are tres yummy. :)

    Love your new header by the way, can you teach me to do that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet picture of dear Jack! And your strawberries are tres yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pics are all wonderful!!! love the wire tree,the garage sale ornys,and especially sweet Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Berry" cute berries, Sarah. We've been enjoyins some of those jumbo size strawberries here too.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "berry"adorable trees!


    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strawberries, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the little strawberry trees! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little strawberry trees! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am absolutely in love with that tree and those strawberries. Don't pink and red look so good together?
    I am also in love with your mirror and the pink lampshade reflected in it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous7:40 AM

    What a small world! I live in Brandon Fl., just around the corner from Plant City! Love those strawberries and can't wait for U-Pick to open up!! Have a great day! HTH Janet K.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?