Friday, January 19, 2007

"I am going to call up my home economics teacher right now"

Has everyone seen Pattern for Smartness? It bills itself as "A 1948 film showing home-sewed clothes as high fashion." (It is in color though, so I don't know about the date.) This is my favorite line, "Naturally, you don't want your skirt so much shorter or longer than the average that you will be conspicious." LOL It is interesting, you should have peek, but be warned, it does take about 10 or 15 minutes to watch. If you have a 2 year old running about that equates to roughly 5 hours.

Sadly, this is STILL what my current sewing project looks like. It has been sitting on the kitchen counter for 4 days like that! We are supposed to get snow this weekend, and as long as we have electricity, I will be sewing.

Cute thrifted sheet, destined to be cut up into something.

Thrifted jug. This beauty is hard to get a good photo of because of the curve. It has a big chip on the side, and smaller chips around the top, but even Jack decided we couldn't leave it there. "Mama! Give it to me, give it to me, give me the cup for milk!"

The back is as cute as the front. No markings on the bottom other than some numbers.

10 comments:

  1. I love the jug. My friend and I are going to go to the antique mall this weekend...I am so excited. They always have great stuff but rarely the bargains that I dream of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Jack is an enabler! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. That jug is just too cute! Can't wait to see what that sheet turns into.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! I found a sheet that I liked last weekend, but I was trying to be "good" so I left it. Oh well. Today I found a glass with a picture of Tin Tin who is one of dh's favorite comic book characters. He is really rare her in the states, so his parents took him to Toronto to buy the books as a kid. I think I will fill it with candy and give it to him for Valentines day. I would love to post it on my blog, but he reads it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That jug/pitcher is cute. Might be a good vase for flowers? I'm going thrifting tomorrow. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, i will trade you my chair for your picture. LOVE it !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    Sweet jug! I recently spotted the same sheet at a thrift store and yup! I bought it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jug is adorable. Lovely as a milk pitcher.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just checked out the video- if only my husband was so interested in clothes/design :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?