Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Messes are a good thing

Perhaps this will sound crazy, but the house is suddenly TOO organized. I feel like it is so organized that I have to spend all day keeping it that way, and I am starting to resent it. I told you it would sound crazy! Either way, Jack and I have spent some time today making messes. I feel better now, like I can breathe again. Messes are good.

I found this cute little potholder at the thrift for 50 cents the other day. I hung it up on my inspiration board for a few days, and today, this was born:

Clearly still a work-in-progress (that top piece of trim is crooked and making me crazy!), as I have only gotten as far as cutting it out and putting it together. And, because people often ask me, I use lite Steam-A-Seam II to do my applique with. I find it is a lot easier to sew or embroider through once you have it pieced together.

This stuff is too good not to share. Offray felt rick rack. I bought these microspools at Wal-Mart. It will be great for baby booties and loads of other projects I am sure.

P.S. I am still using the Old Blogger and they are having issues today. If you can't leave a comment or see photos or what-have-you, please come back later and try again!

10 comments:

  1. cute cute cute potholder, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rick rack. (Unfortunately I don't shop at Walmart, but maybe I can find it elsewhere.)

    I'm planning to switch to the new blogger at the end of the week. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh cute potholders. I want to amke one !!!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually think that your comment about things being "too organized" makes sense - I don't want to get the house so perfect that keeping it that way becomes an obsession (and with my OCD - that could totally happen!)

    I believe that Albert Einstein once said something along the lines of "If a cluttered desk is the sign of a cluttered mind, what then is an empty desk a sign of??"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your version of the house potholder! And love the felt rick rack - I've exhausted our Walmart's supply of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute. I wonder why my mom, who always made her own potholders, only ever made boring square ones?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! I can leave a message now! I've been able to read stuff recently, but not really comment (we switched to the newer version of blogger and it is quite reasonable - I think though that they are working out a few glitches still).

    Love all the stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I like your version very much. I can't wait to get that new sewing machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand your reasoning about too much of a good thing is not a good thing, even when it comes to organization. I like things nice, but they don't need to be perfect.
    Sit down, breathe, relax and enjoy your home. That's how it should be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heidi, I googled myself half to death trying to find that rick rack somewhere on line, but no luck! Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?