Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...


About the only thing I have been making right now are more Valentines. I think this idea started with something like this heart wreath, but I am not sure that was the website I saw it at. I took at least 30 pictures before settling on this one, because they look really washed out in all of them. Oh well, you get the idea.

I have some great ideas boiling over in my brain, but they require wool felt, and apparently Joanns doesn't carry pink. Pffft. Not even for special order. So, I have to wait while the internet purchased felt is in the mail on it's way here. (I should have planned ahead a bit more I think.)

The not very crafty streak is because there is precious little of this happening around here right now. In fact, right now Jack is supposed to be sleeping, but he is in his room tearing apart everything. (There was a loud crash about 10 seconds ago.) For some reason, I have an incredibly hard time dealing with him not sleeping, and I always have. It makes me act like a crazy person. Is it Wednesday yet? (Wednesday is his preschool day. LOL)

6 comments:

  1. i know what you mean - we are in a 'nap transition' phase ourselves right now. i very much related to that picture!
    it drives me CRAZY when he won't take a nap. but i'm lucky i got a solid 4 years in with him - princess was only 2+.
    lots of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you consider buying a white wool felt and dying it. That is what I am planning on doing with the JoAnn's wool felt I bought from a nice lady on Craigslist today. I was hoping to try the heart penny rug from Fons and Porter. I first saw the heart rug on http://norththreads.blogspot.com/, scroll down a bit.
    I can't wait to see what you make with your felt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does he get cranky if he doesn't take a nap? Hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I feel you on the sleeping! I'm not sure who benefits more from naptime and bedtime, DD or me! I think it might be me!

    Is the school thing going any more smoothly? Hope Jack is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't found wool felt at Joanns-does it come in sheets or by the yard? Also, I like your footprint cupids w/ Jack's photo! The feet hearts were cute, but more girly and more mature. My girl students would love them but the boys, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having a problem with sleeping too and mine are 5 and 7! DD went to sleep at 11.30 last night! I can't wait until school starts on Wednesday. I will be doing cartwheels in the street!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?