Friday, January 05, 2007

The Old College Try

Ok, I have given it the old college try, and attempted to resolve all the template issues (and finally remembered to add my email address to my profile). I hope that the font problem is fixed for everyone who needed it to be! And, this goes without saying I hope, but don't be shy about telling me there is a problem. Part of blogging is feedback, good or bad, right?

Christmas presents from my husband. When I put one of these barrettes in my hair after taking the photo Jack says, "mama! Flower pretty!" and then he touched it ever so gently. (Insert melting mama here.)

More presents from Dave, Japanese fabric from Superbuzzy . (It was a good Christmas, my husband chose some really thoughtful gifts for me.)

Japanese needle felting book, also from Superbuzzy, and wool roving. Finally, I can try out those needle felting skills I learned at the Round Bobbin.

Jack and I were at Goodwill this morning, when I saw a sheet set in the bottom of the bin. I dug it out, and it was Rachel Ashwell from Target, in a pattern I don't have yet. It was in the package still, but marked King sized, and we have a queen bed. Never mind, I opened it up to see what was inside, and it was only missing one pillowcase, so I bought it thinking I could alter it to fit the bed, or cut it up and use it for other things.

For some reason her sheet size is not marked on the tags, but, when I get it home I notice it smells like fabric softener, so they have been washed once already, despite still being in the package. It is apparently a Queen size after all, as it fits the bed perfectly. Wooohooo! I am totally psyched about that.

Speaking of beds, did anyone watch Oprah yesterday? She had on the How often do you...? show that never fails to freak me out when I see it, even though I have seen it at least 4 times already. I was already on the cleaning/organizing binge from hell, but after seeing that show I have spent the morning vacuuming the mattress, putting all the pillows in the dryer on hot, etc. I had been way too long since I had done all that.

That bed will be heavenly tonight!

8 comments:

  1. The barrettes are lovely. So glad that you got such nice Christmas stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barrettes as well - the colour is divine!

    I really like all of your cosmetic changes. On my computer as well, the swirly font showed up for the body of your posts. Much easier to read now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Much easier to read. :) Cute gifts. My husband wouldn't know how to buy anything crafty if his life depended on it. Every once in a while he likes to use the phrase "skein of yarn" just to show off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renee8:27 PM

    Girl, you never cease to amaze me everytime I log on to catch up on your blogs! You are a crafty goddess! I swear I am going to use you for inspiration on my daughters room (which is still a work in progress)! I am sure you would be just sprouting with great ideas! Email me! I haven't heard from you lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that superbuzzy fabric, what a nice husband! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lucky you are to get such a find. In the small outback town where I live we have a ST Vincent de Pauls..run by the catholic church...never get any great bargains...My dream is to tour the capital cities of australia on an Op Shop shopping spreee. Thank you for sharing your life. Sue
    greenfingers-sue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really wonderful gifts. Your hubby sounds like a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the barrettes...especially the sparkly pink one!

    And I'm so jealous of the sheet find. I may even be a bit miffed (insert joking smirk here) if you found them at *my* Goodwill (the one on West Clay). Because if they were there, they were obviously intended for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?