Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Tag! I'm it


Almost a year later and I finished that bedskirt! Ignore the extreme wrinkles, I am far too lazy for ironing that thing. It just adds to the shabby chic feel anyway, right? I love it, it is like a pretty, ruffly dress for the bed.

I've been tagged by Kirsten for the 6 weird things meme, so here it goes, 6 weird things about me.

1. I absolutely cannot, under any circumstances, eat meat of any kind that is on a bone. I do not want to be reminded where meat comes from, and any sort of dark bits (like blood vessels, gag gag, even writing that makes me gag) will cause me to immediately stop eating whatever it is.
2. Speaking of bones, I do not like for me people (especially my husband!) to touch me where my bones are prominent. Like my wrists, my collarbone, my hip bone, etc. It gives me the heebie jeebies.
3. I have never colored my hair. (I am considering it now because I am starting to go pretty grey.)
4. I will not drink water that does not have ice in it.
5. I have a thing about "people sucking up my oxygen." I think I am a little claustrophobic, and if other people are too close to me (or the blankets get over my head), I swear that I cannot breathe.
6. I read somewhere as a teenager that the average woman kisses like 120 something men before she finds "Mr. Right." So, I used to keep a list of everyone I had kissed. I stopped keeping track somewhere around 80 something. Gasp! LOL

Anyone else want to play? Heidi? , Rebecca? , Laura? , Lucy?


Jack is in school again today, so, of course I went thrifting. I found another chenille bedspread. (2 in 2 weeks? Highly unusual.)

And wallpaper! that matches Jack's curtains.

Even better, I found something pink and brown for the swap. Whew! It only took SIX, yes, six, thrift stores today to find something. I will be cursing pink and brown for many months to come. LOL

9 comments:

  1. The bedskirt turned out lovely!
    I'm kinda with you on the meat on bones thing. Those dark parts gross me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing! i agree with the oxygen-sharing one. i forgot that one.
    i am very jealous of the spread. and you find tablecloths all the time! maybe someday we'll have to swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading these "weird things" about people and finding out I am not as weird as I thought I was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that bedspread!!

    I'm the same way about meat on the bones...so barbaric. I have gotten over it in regards to really good chicken wings and bbq ribs though LOL.

    Looks like I'm seriously under-kissed (only one lol).

    ReplyDelete
  5. well i am vegetarian, so no meat no bones for me. i totally agree with the oxygen, i had to take a deep breath in just reading your post about oxygen. i dont like anyone touching my back, or under the chin. i have to do thyroid biopsies (might be too much info for you, sorry) and i have to turn away (i only guide the doctor in and then i can look anywhere), i CANNOT watch or i will feel faint. something about the neck freaks me out (i have a fear of vampires too...)i guess i am on a roll now, maybe i should make this a post? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just had to come back and clarify that I meant we are all weird. In our own ways. Not that you are more weird than me. If that's how it sounded. That is all.

    P.S. Sorry for being weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Swap partner, sorry it took me so long to get here(or at least to leave a comment). The bedskirt looks fabulous! And how lucky, my I have yet to find a chenille bedspread at a thriftshop. And don't get me going about the pink and brown, I keep looking but nothing yet. Good thing I have the other parts of the swap handled already.
    Thanks for the words of wisdom about the cottage room, I decided for now it is going fine, I will just add what I love and not worry too much about the actual look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LoL...I'm cursing the thrift portion of the swap, too!! I can't find much that's worthy of sending and I've gone out the last 3 weekends in search of! WAAHHHH LOL

    Now the pressure's on for the wierd things about me.....okay this really shouldn't be too hard, so check back soon to find out the dirt about me :)

    lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

    I have a Chenille Bedspread site. It pretty much covers chenille bedspreads and bedding.

    Come and check it out if you get time ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?