Tuesday, February 13, 2007

In the nick of time


The snow arrived fast and furious. I think we got about 6 inches in the last 3 hours. For the record, Jack still hates it. I tried to go outside, and he just cries to be held. No sledding fun for us!

I made him a pilot's cap with some "race car" fabric he wanted from the fabric store. The silly thing looks more like an Amish bonnet than a Pilot's cap, but oh well. This is the Misadventures of mama and Jack, after all, isn't it?

I finished my last little Valentine project. After hand scalloping that edge, I am dreaming of a Fiskar's rotary cutter with a scallop and pinking blade. I used a regular old hole punch to get that lacy look after I cut the scallops. I really must show you that upper left fabric sometime, it is so cute. I think of it as my "Strawberry Girl" fabric. Hmmm, there I go with the strawberries again.

Contest winner boxes went in the mail yesterday! Look for them in 2-3 days.

10 comments:

  1. I see why you're using the term bonnet to describe the hat. The front doesn't come low enough over Jack's forehead, for whatever reason. I wonder how simple a pattern tweak that might be?

    Also, how do you scallop an edge by hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy snowfall girl :) STay warm!

    Super cute Valentine's Day project, done just in time! I did zero projects for Valentine's Day :( other than made some cupcakes...lol

    lucy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your snow ;)
    We got dumped on here in PA today also.! I really like the valentine
    decoration you made. Is the back round felt ? The scalloping looks great! Was it hard to do ? Jack's hat is cute, but he doesn't look too happy:( Poor guy!


    Stay warm and Dry :)


    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah I love your Valentine hanging. It is charming !!!!Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your snow pictures and Jack is so cute in his pilot's hat. Love the cool scalloped edge.. very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your V-day project! I can't even imagine what patience you have to have done the scallop by hand...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Valentine! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hearts and I spy a little pink/white polka dot! :) Perfect for valentines.

    Jack looks older in this picture. It is amazing how overnight they grow.

    Happy Valentine's Day! We got snow and it is now getting covered with a wintery mix. Good times.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your Valentine project turned out and your resourcefulness with the hole puncher paid off. Your "strawberry girl" fabric is adorable - would love to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ummm...do you live in my subdivision?...cuz that house is exactly the kind we have. Looks a LOT like my house.


    Love the cutie heart project!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?