Thursday, February 22, 2007

A little thrifting to soothe the soul

Thank you for all of your wild animal stories/commiserations/and yes, even the laughter about the squirrel situation. I am a biologist, you would think a squirrel wouldn't bother me, but oh they do! Jack and I did a little thrifting before we went to the park today. Aren't these glasses sweet? I think I am going to get rid of our "set" of Ikea glasses and just use a mish mash of glasses that make me happy.
There is a HUGE roll of this wallpaper. (The photo is crooked because I was fighting off the darn cats!) As you start to unroll it, it smells a bit like mothballs, so I think I am going to go ahead and cut it into smaller pieces so I can let it air out better. I have no idea what I am going to do with 9 million feet of old wallpaper though...

10 comments:

  1. Hi there :)


    With the extra wallpaper, you could always line your drawers. That is..
    after the mothball smell is gone ;)
    I would love to see what you make with it! Glad your unwanted house guest has left the building!!

    Take care :)

    Dana
    d05@goldingers.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the glasses. Maybe one day we'll get a random assortment too - that sounds like a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses are so cute. I never see anything like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must have some sort of psychic thrifting thing going on, because I also bought vintage wallpaper last weekend (though not as fun as that green!) I may use it for some paper crafts, but I also see that some people sell it on etsy in batches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super glasses and I just love vintage wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That wallpaper is wild! Can you imagine having a whole room done in it? Headache-inducing, methinks! But for crafty projects it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those glasses are pretty. I've been kicking around the idea of doing away with sets as well so much more fun ;). That wallpaper is great. Would look cute as an altered journal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. EEEK !!! what faboo glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of using those fun glasses. I had been thinking once all our IKEA glasses broke I'd do that but maybe if I put them out to thrift I'd get cute ones like that in return? :)

    Great paper, too. I'm loving the color green right now.

    I'm still laughing about the furry friend.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wonder is you could make book covers out of some of it. But...I also like the idea of lining your drawers with it. How cheery would that be to open a drawer and find some bright green summery paper?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?