Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Thank you

Thank you for all of the get better wishes. We are still here, still sick, and still missing Dada, but we will survive!

My pink and brown swap package arrived yesterday from Tiff. I had just been admiring the bird aprons in her Etsy shop, and lookie there! One of my very own. Plus yummy pink velvet strawberries, which Jack has been hanging on trees, fabric, the cutest Christmas ornament, some lovely ribbons, 2 really sweet pink glass pieces, and so much more! It would have taken 20 photos to do it all justice really, thank you so much Tiff!

She also included a package of this stationary. This is so cute it made me literally squeal with delight. Just what I needed on a sick Monday afternoon.

And, a current WIP. And it really is a WIP. I think I hate the trim and am going to take it off. I have visions of a sort of 3D fabric art Valentine, with maybe button flowers or yo-yo flowers to the right of the Valentine. (Which is another vintage valentine on iron-on transfer paper. This one is from Hipster Cards .) I quilted the rose fabric on the back, although it is hard to see in the photo. And I added some silk flowers where there were flowers on the Valentine.

I was going crazy having not made anything in several days, but clearly being sick as affected my work, as I keep changing my mind about this silly little thing!

6 comments:

  1. Great swap package! And totally cute valentine. My sister just gave me some leftover iron-on transfer stuff. I thought of you when I saw it. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What an awesome swap package! Can you feel my envy?? :) And you're right, that is some of the cutest stationary ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a totally fun package!

    Sorry you're feeling icky. Maybe some snoopy dancin' would cheer ya up! (You must be much younger than me if you don't know what a snoopy dance is lol)

    http://www.darkharbor.com/snoopydance/

    (the sound only comes through in InternetExplorer)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pressies and lovely Valenine - I wouldn't change a thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That apron is just darling! I will have to poke around Etsy tonight!

    And Sarah, you're killing me with the vintage Valentine iron-on transfers. Not only is my sewing machine on the other side of the country, but so is my printer ... Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?