Monday, February 19, 2007

What I did on my summer vacation

Ha ha! Just kidding, I wish it were summer vacation. It is warm enough here today, but there is still so much snow that we can't even go to the playground. Boo hiss to that. This weekend I followed these directions and made a light box for taking macro photos. I still haven't worked out all the kinks (I need a brighter light source), but it did help me make a new banner.
And I sorta finished my knitted cord shamrock. I can't really work out how to put it together in a great way, so the stem still looks a bit funny. And, looking at the photo, I think some of my stitches on the one leaf have come loose. Oy. I adore that fabric it is on, too bad I only have a smallish piece from a thrift store.
This is one huge project. I am trying to catalog all of my fabric, so I slip a little swatch into one of those baseball card sleeves that fit in a 3 ring binder. I figure that way I will always have at least a tiny piece of those great vintage fabrics, long after they have been used up. (Of course, I put swatches of the new fabrics in there also.)

9 comments:

  1. Fabric catalog = One heck of a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great ideas: Fabric catalogue and cute shamrock. I may "borrow" them both! Did you just stitch the shamrock in the back? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh thank you I have been wanting to make a light box. Love the banner !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the light box link - I may have to play about with this!

    Love the new banner - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric inventory idea...very nice!

    :) D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shamrock is adorable and I love your birdie banner. Thank you so much for the lightbox link, I was wondering how people were getting such neat bright photos, guess you know what I will be making this week.
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to make one of those light boxes for the longest time now--I even have a perfect box for it! Hope I didn't throw it out when I cleaned the basement earlier this week....Gulp! Better go check!

    ReplyDelete
  8. leslie9:34 PM

    hey, i got your cotton time but cant find your email! write me so i can send it to ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that link I really do need to do something so that I can take photographs on dull days!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?