Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Will you be my Valentine?

Jack had his first snow day today, so we have had a change in Valentine plans over here. When I told him to put his shoes on so we could go outside for a little bit, his answer was "No going outside, the snow is too scary." LOL
Some gifts from my husband. A vintage candy box (look at the big velvet flower!), inspired by Amy at Inspire Company . (Edited to add: He bought the box himself on Ebay, and then sourced out things he thought I would like/use for the inside. It is not one of Amy's boxes.)
He also bought me Marie Antoinette. Pure, gorgeous eye candy here folks. Too bad I missed it in the theater.
And just what I wanted! No more hand scalloping for me. I think Laura asked how I did the felt one, so here's the skinny. I used those scalloped paper scissors to cut a template out of card stock. I traced the template onto the felt with one of those disappearing ink pens, then cut it all out by hand.
My huge (insert tongue in cheek here) vintage Valentine decoration collection. The little pixie is a knee hugger on a heart cushion.
And last, but certainly not least, a gorgeous Valentine from Heidi at Spiritual Knitter . Thank you Heidi! It is perfect on my pie safe.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, may your day be filled with love (or at least peace and quiet! LOL).

14 comments:

  1. Envious of heart box. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great stuff.

    Poor Jack! My lil guy got all dressed up for the snow which took FOREVER! Then he wanted to go right back in because he was so cold. Oh well. Soon enough they won't come inside 'til they are blue.

    Happy hearts day, my friend. Hugs, LA

    ReplyDelete
  3. note to self... mail sarah and jack a valentine BEFORE the 12th. I'm sorry it didn't get there in time. Oh well, spread the love throughout the week. happy valentine's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got my valentine. I got yours, too, and posted it today. Adorable. Your husband is so generous. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I love the valentine box of goodies! Lucky girl.

    Happy Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husband found all those lovelies and stuffed the box? Or did he order from Amy? Because finding those goodies and stuffing a box is pretty darn amazing. Love the little cherries. I'm dying to get a slew of those.
    Happy Valentines Day. Your box goes in the mail tomorrow! Woo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...and a happy Valentine's Day to you,
    Sarah + family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vintage heart box and the goodies inside are beautiful. How did your husband find the box - was it through Inspire Co or a similar site OR did he actually fill it himself. And, I think it's really sweet that he got you the rotary cutter. Your husband sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your husband put that heart together himself?? Wow, I am impressed. What a wonderful Valentine!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blogtography is always so delicious! Love those vintage val ornys!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in awe of hubby's ability to put such a "crafty" Valentine together for you!! You both must really be a match made in heaven. Happy belated Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your pictures! What a thoughtful husband! That took a lot of planning on his part. Someday Jack will laugh at the fact that he was once afraid of the snow. I am sure you have read this book, but Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is a very gentle snow book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am pea green with envy over your awesome heart box! I bet you were absolutely delighted to open it, and to have such a thoughtful DH!

    Can't wait to see that movie! Wish I'd seen it in the theater too but I had no one to go with (couldn't twist DH's arm that hard, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You heart box is way better! You're so lucky!

    I can't wait to see Marie Antoinette. Have it on my Netflix.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?