Friday, March 02, 2007

6 years later

The very first project I started when I got my first sewing machine 6 years ago was a Grandma's flower garden quilt. A bit ambitious, eh? I have the pieces I have done around here somewhere, and I thought I would put them together and make a doll sized quilt from them. However, I couldn't find them since I reorganized. (Isn't that always the way?)

I did happen to come across these blocks that I had salvaged from some very 1980's curtains. I am pretty sure they were already salvaged once to be made into the curtains, since the fabrics are very 1930s. (And the greens have completely dissolved in some of the blocks leaving little holes where floral patterns once were.)

I am busy putting them back together to make another little quilt. The idea has been rolling around in my head again ever since I saw this one in a Japanese book at Angry Chicken.

I picked up this roll of gorgeous vintage paper ribbon this morning. Usually old floral ribbons (which I am assuming that is what this was) are yucky acetate. This one is a gorgeous pressed paper.

8 comments:

  1. I am loving that ribbon! It looks like a lovely aqua. :)

    So how is the sewing machine going? I read all the posts and I'm still debating on getting another Shark (as mine broke right away, too) but this model seems good? I don't know anything help! I just want it to be easy and enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to seeing how the quilt turns out and what you do with that ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a on a roll with your sewing, I'm glad your resurfacing past projects. I can't wait to see what your ladder looks like with your doll quilts once your done with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just saw something made iwth ARTHUR. and that is cool ribbon!! you have a lot of really neat stuff completed/started lately!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool ribbon. Can't wait to see what you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grandma's flower garden is my absolute favorite quilt pattern ever! I am not brave enough to attempt one but I do have a simulated GFG pattern going with yo-yo's. It may be one of those never-ending projects too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love them, they are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww...what a cute quilt you made! i have trouble finding stuff after organizing too...lol...weird how that works out.

    that ribbon is sooo pretty, too!

    :) D

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?