Friday, March 30, 2007

Bed of roses

Jack is totally "two" right now. Our days are currently filled with thousands of questions, "What's this mommy? What's this?". There is also plenty of stalling. Particularly at bedtime. Sometimes when he is having a hard time winding down at bedtime we all lie in our big bed together, his father snores, and he and I talk about our day. This has now translated into him asking to "lay in the flowers" every night when we attempt to put him to bed. Our bed linens are always covered in flowers of all sorts (mostly roses) and I think it is so sweet that he calls our bed "the flowers."

However, the bossy part of being 2? Not so sweet. I will be happy if that passes quickly.
It's been raining cats and dogs today. It has given Jack a chance to wear that thrifted vintage Peanuts raincoat and watch the rain. He enjoys watching the rain, but the big thunder? Not so fun. When it first started this morning he was in his room playing with his train table and he came running down the hall faster than I have ever seen him run saying "I need the Dandy! I need the Dandy mommy!" I explained that it was thunder and that everything was ok. Now he says "just dunder, not scary," everytime it thunders.

I have another stinking sinus headache and am off to rest a bit. We are going to a big auction tonight and I need to be thinking clearly!

10 comments:

  1. Everytimt I read all of the sweet things about Jack I want to have kids NOW. He's such a wonderful little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better for tonight! Can't wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is that rain jacket!?!? He is soo cute, but I'm dreaing the day Isaiah reaches 2 years old! haha. Wishing you great finds at the auction tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Jack is so sweet and so his his style'n coat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was driving around in your neck of the woods yesterday afternoon (courtesy of my husband, who was having oral surgery in St. Peters) and there were parts of Hwy 70 that were, like, flooded out! Weird!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is such a cutie! As for you: FEEL BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you feel better soon, the pollen is totally nasty here, too. It looks like we've been "sprayed by the government" everymorning lol...

    Jack looks so sweet in the "flowers"!

    lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you feel better Sarah. I love your linens and your bed is the exact one I have been dreaming of :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two - end quickly? HAHAHAHAHA! LOL! HUGE belly laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought later I should have ended my comment as "mother of just turned three year old boy"

    Three couldn't come fast enough. It was a loooooooooong year, two was.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?