Thursday, March 01, 2007

One giant leap


I am not sure why I ever thought proper quilting was too scary, or too hard. Maybe it was because the new machine made what would have been a 12 hour job into a 3 hour job (and 2 hours of that was hand sewing the binding). Either way, the first of many little doll sized quilts is finished! I plan on making six of them to hang on the ladder in the living room. (The one on the now infamous squirrel chimney.)

The photo above is prior to washing, but is more true in color.

The second photo is after washing, with more of that wrinkly, well loved look. The color here is totally off, but it is very windy and rainy here this week.

In other news, Jack is really getting funny these days. We were coloring yesterday, and when I finished my dump truck picture he started clapping. Then he says "good job mama! You did it! It looks great." LOL He also has started asking questions, but with mixed up grammar. The latest is "what that was?" And when he heard thunder this morning he asked "noisy plane?" (I hadn't realized we haven't had thunder since his vocabularly really exploded.)

Toddlerhood = good times around here!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, that's darling!! I love the look of washing the fabrics after the quilting, it's very 'pottery barn' ;) lol.

    My dear Olivia wants me to make blankets for her bunny rosey, and I just keep pushing it off because I'm scared to try :p.

    I may just have to dive in :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! I hope to have time to sew some more myself, but we are going through major mommyitis right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. W-o-w! I haven't had the nerve to do a quilt yet, of any size! Love the doll quilt idea - can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt :) I'm planning a log cabin cushion cover at some point but I've never done any quilting before, find the size intimidating so thanks for the inspiration of going "doll size"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Yes a doll quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a big leap! You are making me think that just maybe I could do that. 3 hours you say??? Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doll quilt is adorable! I wish I had enough hours in the day to quilt...(sigh)...can't wait to see them all when you hang them on the ladder. I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love the quilt. Can't believe you cranked it out in 3 hours. Glad to hear that you are loving your new "toy".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that turned out great! Look forward to seeing some more doll quilts. I'm sure after my niece sees that she'll be wanting one for her doll!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the quilt, love the fab and colors !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it! You're totally a girl after my heart, I tell ya. The very first thing I do whenever I've made something quilty is pop it in the washer and dryer so it can get puckered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovley. I have been trying to prepare myself to dive into some sort of quilting project so this is really inspiring! I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?