Saturday, March 03, 2007

Two down, four to go

I finished putting all the flower blocks together. Originally I thought I would put a new back on it, and quilt the flowers somehow, maybe around the centers, but, after much back and forth, I decided not to. Some of the flowers have their centers missing and I didn't want to replace them, because I like them just the way they are. And since they were sewn to a curtain when I got them, they already have white fabric on the back, making them seem pretty finished as is.
I couldn't decide which photo I liked better. My husband made me that pie safe in the first photo. We go back and forth every year about painting it. This may be the year we finally paint it.

If you are needing fairly basic quilting directions, some can be found at Quilter's Schoolhouse.
I picked up another tablecloth. I love the pinecones.
I also picked up some war era ornaments. Still in their original box, stamped August 4, 1944. That emblem in the upper right hand corner says, "For defense save and sell this empty carton as waste paper".

13 comments:

  1. nice ornaments! you find good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tablecloth! Neat color combination and design. Love the ornaments, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I love this. This is my favorite block ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt is looking great!

    What a find with the box and all!

    Today I found new pack of shrinky dink type craft plastic. I'm just mulling over what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHH I LOVE the table cloth. Great find !!! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore the tablecloth and the ornaments! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. melissa11:56 PM

    you've got a good eye! I love that tablecloth, the colour and design...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh!!!! those ornys are fantastic!The tablecloth also yummy,and the flower quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:44 AM

    The flowers look great and I second the love for the tablecloth - very cute. - Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, we are on some sort of weird thrifting psychic connection: I found a pine cone tablecloth this week too! I'm impressed that your husband is so talented. Glad to see the heart is still up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great find on the ornaments. The quilt looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. leslie8:21 PM

    i love the pinecones! score!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the tablecloth. I have one similiar but Christmasy looking. Love it!

    The ornaments are divine.

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?