Sunday, April 29, 2007

Collections

It seems like everything I found this week came in a group of more than one. Not that I am complaining, I love an instant collection! Above is a group of brightly colored noisemakers. I think I will use them as part of the Independence Day decorations. Oddly enough, I happened to pick up a December 1999 issue of Home Companion at the same sale, which featured a collection of noisemakers. That made my heart sing just a little.
My husband spotted a shoebox just filled with old glass bead decorations. What a good eye he has! I love them all so much I sat in the car digging in the box instead of moving onto the next sale on my list. Cue that heart singing again.
The cutest tea towel ever. And in very good condition. My meager tea towel collection is finally growing. I suppose they saw a lot of use and thus weren't long lived, unlike the tablecloths.
And last but not least, the tablecloths. A bit hard to see in the sun dappled grass, but they are lovely. Sometimes I can go weeks and weeks without seeing any tablecloths at all, not even ones I don't really care for or are too expensive, and some weeks there are so many I can hardly choose.

I definitely prefer the latter. How about you? Do you prefer an instant collection or the thrill of the hunt?

16 comments:

  1. I love it when you find tons of tablecloths, because then we get to ooh and ahh over them!
    Great finds today, I'm quite jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice finds! those noisemakers are so visually interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat noisemakers! What a striking display they'll make. Love the glass ornaments too--Score big time! What a great DH. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice.

    i love the tea towel and tablecloths. i cannot find anything like that around here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your finds, but I especially love that tea towel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i like a bit of both - some hunting and some instant gratification. nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I find a great collection, like those incredible noisemakers, I would go for the collection!! But for the most part it seems that my collections just happen a bit at a time. The hunt is pretty fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The glass bead ornaments are my favorite! :) I like to build a collection I think . . . but it sure is nice to find more of one item when it's something you love. So I guess I'm torn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh ,I'm not picky,give me 10 of the same goodies I crave at once,or just one. I'm just as thrilled! LOVE those glass beads,I have a meager purple bouquet of them,and I don't even like purple(but I love my bouquet!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the thrill of the hunt although sometimes I get so bummed out when I don't find any treasures at all.
    Love the glass thingies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of like the thrill of the hunt unless it is an inherited collection, that means the world :)
    You have some wonderful collections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ALL of that is soooo awesome. I love the glass bead stuff and the noisemakers - those would be so fun for a new years party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to write back in comments. i can't find your email here at home. What day are you coming to Chicago. I have to work this Friday (I'm only off every other). I could meet you at Kane County on Saturday. Sunday we have tix to see the Dalai Lama. If you go to the fabric store on Friday, let me know. Maybe I could sneak away from work for a few hours. My office is right next to the Sears Tower.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those beaded ornaments are quite the find! Yay! for thrifty husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I buy what I love... then if I see another, I have a collection going on!! Needless to say, I have alot of collections!
    Love your finds Sarah! The glass ornaments are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am just a teeny tiny bit envious of the table cloth luck! They're gorgeous.

    I try not to think in terms of collections because it's so easy for me to start them and so hard to part with them.

    I'm a reformed pack rat. So I try to be really selective. However, I have to admit that my preference is to happen upon a rich store of something exciting for really cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?