Monday, April 23, 2007

Final doll quilt?

I set out to make 6 doll quilts for my ladder, and at last I have number 6 done. This one has been sitting around for a long time, after I got the idea from a magazine advertisement I saw somewhere. I just wasn't feeling it for awhile, and then I had my perpetual decision making problem. I started with the edges of the circle appliques ironed under, but I hated it, so I took them all off and started again with rough edges. Which I do like better, but because I had them ironed first, they are not perfectly circular.

Then I thought I was going to use embroidery thread to attach all the circles, but, let's be honest, I don't actually enjoy embroidery very much right now. So under the machine they went. Of course, that meant the middle bit with the embroidered circles sat around waiting forever. Since I have a rule about finishing one project before I start another, and I am dying to get started on something new, I finally finished the binding while waiting for the parade start on Saturday.
About all I have to say about it now is WHEW! Thank goodness it is finished. (And, I do like it a lot more than I did while making it.)

P.S. Monique, if you are still reading and still need info about the nap mat, please email me through my profile. There is no contact information linked to your comment.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:33 PM

    I love your precious quilt! This is such a great pattern. I love the fabric choices as well. I wish I could get in the habit of using your rule. I am hopelessly lost in the land of many soon to be completed projects.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it turned out adorable!! I really love the quilting and how it continues and then mimics the applique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute - I love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the circles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another very cute quilt! I hope you'll take a photo of all of your doll quilts hanging on the ladder. I'm sure they'll be darling together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the quilt! will you show a picture of all of the little quilts on the ladder?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative idea for a quilt. Is is your own design?

    I absolutely adore those cute little flowers you made with the buttons in the middle. WHat a great idea hanging them on a tree.:)

    Take care,
    Salina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really, really like the design of that! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so flippin cute! I want a huge version of that for my room, how long do you think it would take me? Five months? A year? I'm a sucker for circles.

    Plus I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute, I love the stitched circles in the middle. Sweet

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?