Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A finally finished project

My pin cushion swap package from Natasha at Rickrack and Ribbons arrived and it was filled with wonderful stuff! A sweet little sewing kit, a gorgeous pin cushion, a tiny charm pack (that is on it's way to becoming a great little quilt) and an awesome piece of fabric that was just what I needed to finish a long overdue project, making a cover for Jack's school nap mat.
The animal fabric is perfect! (I was just about to buy some animal fabric from Sew Mama Sew.)
I made the backside in a coordinating gingham print, and used some bias tape for ties. Finally that awkward thing has a tie so I can tie it closed and it won't be flopping all over when I am trying to carry it and Jack and that load of other stuff we have to tote to and from school each Wednesday.
Of course, when Jack saw it he wanted to try it out. Now if only he would actually fall asleep...

13 comments:

  1. Love the nap mat sooo much! I need one of those (for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute pincushion! Looks like she had you right on with those repro fabrics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great swap! the nap mat cover is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The animal print is adorable. I like the alligators.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this mat! And Jack looks so little and sweet trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet swap package and lovely pin cushion!! Jack obviously loves his newly fashioned mat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful swap package - I love all the pastel spring-y color items in it. That nap mat looks so comfy I would like to crawl up on it for a nap :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stink'n cute! And the nap mat/swap stuff is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natasha sure knew what you'd like. Great swap!

    Cheers! LA

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet picture! Hard to believe Jack is posing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you liked and I am so thrilled that you could use the animal fabric- the nap mat is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The nap mat cover is so cute. I would love to a few for my children graduating from my daycare. Where exactly did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that bottom photo. adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?