Sunday, April 15, 2007

Flea Market Sundays

Since there was no flea market last week and it has been the coldest, rainest 10 day period I can remember, I was really looking forward to the flea market this week. It was a little disappointing, only half full with vendors even though it is warming up and the sun is shining brightly. So most of this stuff is from yesterday, when Dave and I left Jack with Oma to do some solo yard saling. In the pouring down rain!

Above are a set of wooden angel ornaments. I am not sure why, but I am really coming around to the little wooden ornaments lately. Usually I only buy glass, but yesterday I bought 2 sets of wooden ones. The other set is older than this one, but was harder to photograph.
A set of totally cute old Sears canisters. These are destined for the pantry where I use old canisters to hold small package of stuff or to store nuts and things instead of buying new plastic organizers.
A forget-me-not plate. I want to redo the decorative plates and platters on the kitchen wall.
A pile of glass garland. I will restring them, taking off the broken beads and mixing up the colors a little bit more.
The best postcards ever! Pink flowered dirigibles. One was mailed in 1910 the other in 1912. I really MUST find more of these!

Since I started posting more of the flea market/thrift store stuff, I find myself surprised at how true to a certain palette/style I actually remain while wandering around aimlessly. Obviously I am subconsciously drawn to certain things. Maybe that is why when I look at other people's blogs I think "Gee, I never see that around here?" It is probably right underneath my nose the whole time, but seeing it through another blogger's eyes gives me a new perspective.

Interesting food for thought anyway. (Well, maybe only interesting to me.) :-)

16 comments:

  1. Those canisters are too cute! I never see anything like that around here (maybe now I know why)! If it's not in a certain color, it's probably not even on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Sarha those cards are amazing. Great find !! Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm partial to the forget-me-knot plate. Where on earth do you store all the cool stuff you find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are a thrifting master! Those canisters are great and the beads are beautiful! I'd like to visit your flea market I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent treasures! Those little angels are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love those postcards. You definitely must find more of those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll say it as well, thos epost cards are amazing! I tried to go to yard sales on Saturday but was by thwarted by the crappiness that is MapQuest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the thrift store is always niftier on the other side of the fence! The canisters are unique, although probably not since they are from Sears!

    Wish we could lease your rainclouds. It hasn't rained more than once or twice since, golly, last Feb? We are in a serious drought.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the angels and the postcards - very neat stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That forget-me-not plate is adorable. Love the postcards as well. Vintage postcards are so expensive here so I stopped looking at them :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those canisters! What a score!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love everything you found. The angel ornaments are cute. I know exactly what you mean about color. I am a pastel fanatic! Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds, rather taken by the wooden angels myself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you found some great scores! And yes, I have realized the same thing about myself. I am drawn to certain colors. Im glad I blogging has made me realize this...guess what colors the new house is going to be decorated with?

    ReplyDelete
  15. what cool finds!
    love that floral plate - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only see the three colours I love but lately yellow too.
    I love those canisters and I so wish I had a pantry so I could show off all my mainly pink vintage canisters!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?