Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I couldn't wait

The fabric that Natasha sent was really calling me to cut into it right now. Since I just took down all the Easter decorations, I needed some new ornaments for my little tree. So I made little fabric flowers with button centers. They turned out so sweet and they were pretty easy, aside from the tediousness of cutting out tiny little flowers and hand sewing on 26 tiny little buttons.
The tree is not photographing particularly well, and I cannot decide if it is the waning light of the day or if the tree just needs more flowers. It seems to look a lot fuller in person, but sometimes a picture tells a truer story. EDIT: I changed the photo. This one is a little better, minus the chopped off top! I am feeling too impatient to get a perfect photo.

Now I just need to get the china back in the empty china cabinet!

17 comments:

  1. LOVE it Sarah. So spring like and a wonderful use of fab. You amaze me. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good about making the time for crafting! I can count on something new almost every day over here. It is inspirational. I think the problem with the tree is the light. If you squint, there looks like an evenly distributed flowering. Great idea. Did you happen to see that allsorts did a similar thing sticking fabric flowers to a string of lights? So much to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how much you get done. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a great idea, the house does look a little empty now all the decorations are gone.
    Suzie Sews
    PS LOve the swap pictures, Oh to have some of this stuff through my post box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those flowers are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have immeasurable patience. I think I could make about two of those flowers before I got frustrated with the tediousness! The tree looks adorable, it was worth the effort!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your tree looks really pretty with its flowers. I have a tree that I change the decor on from time to time too, its nice to have different pretty things to look at around the house isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just stumbled upon your blog and i love it! i'm off to add you to my "favorite blogs" and check out the rest of your blog. i adore your little flowers - absolutely adorable!!! debbie =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute. I love the springy-ness of it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! Could you share how you made them?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the most "charming" use of a charm pack that I have seen!! Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute and clever!
    Love the fabric colors!
    I would like to see a tutorial too... do share Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your spring tree looks great! I can't get enough fabric flowers. I am decorating every present I give away with one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! I was just trying to decide what to put on my tree (thank you again!) and maybe I'll make some flowers. :) Thanks for the tutorial, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?