Friday, April 06, 2007

Preparations

Well, the Easter preparations are well under way, despite the fact that the windchill today is 22 degrees and it has been snow flurrying off and on all day. For the record, it was 85 degrees on Monday. The eggs are dyed, the food is bought, and we waited an excruciating 90 minutes in line to pay $20 for a photo with the Easter bunny. Ugh.

Above is the pin cushion I made for Natasha for the pin cushion swap. I wish I had taken photos of the process though. I am quite pleased with the result, but there were at least 4 failed attempts before the arrival at this final plan. I should have taken a side shot also, so you could see the embroidery and get a sense of the shape of the actual cushion.
And the needlebook I made to go with it. It has a button hole so it can slip over the button on the center of the pincushion.

With that it is back to work with me, I still haven't finished the pink basket, and I hope to use them as Easter table centerpieces.

5 comments:

  1. the pin cushion is super cute! have a nice easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wanted to jump over and say Happy Easter to you all! And let you know I FINALLY got you added to my sidebar. Sorry it has taken so long. And lastly, I am drooling over all of the pretty turquoise in your thrifty post below...drooling I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! A matching needle case is a good idea. I may "borrow" it! I'm working on my pincushion this weekend too. Have a great Easter. Your decorations say "spring" even if the weather doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! love the ric rac use!
    happy easter, sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. all that ric rac is so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?