Thursday, April 26, 2007

Unattended

While I was tidying up the house this morning, I noticed that Jack was too quiet. When I asked him what he was doing he replied, "looking at the projiks." Since he was in the kitchen, the mama alarm bells went off and I ran in there to see what he was doing.

Silly mama, he really was just looking at the "projiks", or quilts, as grown ups call them. He had opened the doors on the big pie safe and he was investigating each of the different patterns. We went through each one, him pointing and asking what each one was and me answering the best I can about the pattern names or designs.

That cabinet is even bigger than it looks there, Jack is standing on a 12 inch step stool!
And I discovered yesterday that we have an Anthropologie here in town, and of course, I had to go there. Jack was acting up a bit, so my visit wasn't long, but look at my cute new clearance pile apron!

Of course, my having just come from the dentist didn't help much either. I got 2 fillings with no Novacaine*. My husband tried to tell me this was crazy talk when I first brought it up, but I did it anyway. It really wasn't bad at all, but I wonder, was it really that crazy?

*I didn't do it to be a superhero or anything, I just really dislike that numb mouth feeling.

23 comments:

  1. I LOVE the quilts. I need to buy a quilt soon. So soon. It is my number one thing to look for right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt cupboard is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute pic of jack - i love it =) yes, you are crazy!!! lol! no way would i do that w/o being NUMB. debbie =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh.... I wish I could have long quiet rummage through that delightful cupboard. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt collection is awe-inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am dying at that awesome quilt collection. It is stunningly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have a closer look at your "projiks" too, can't blame him a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smolly! What a collection you have!!!! The pie cabinet is huge! Love the colors in the new apron, very cute. :)

    I love how children of Jack's age interpret things...so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute apron! Love the fabric and the shape. Anthropologie...sigh.

    What a cutie pie Jack is!

    ReplyDelete
  10. leslie7:00 PM

    NO novacaine??? oh my god my mouth hurts just thinking about that, you are super brave to me!!! i love that apron, looks like mushrooms? my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know any one person could own so many "projiks"! I'd like to get my hands in that cupboard of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are all of those quilts ones that you have made? I want a cupboard full of quilts. How comforting. While so many people consider quilt making a hobby, but when you really need one it is a valuable skill to have and use. I have the skill, but no time to use it yet. I really need quilts right now. As soon as I get ahead with my apron making I'm going to start cutting quilt sqares.

    that apron is so ffing cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is crazy. I one time was getting a cavity filled and the dentist did not give me enough novacaine an I almost bit his hand off. no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do such a great job of capturing the physicallity of being a little boy, Jack's posture is just so telling in that picture. Great apron. In NJ I had an amazing dentist that could use a lasor so fillings were truly drug free and painless. Not sure I could handle it w/ a regular drill. I would probably try since the novicane is the WORST part!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful stash, and loving your sparkly eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a quilt collection! No you weren't crazy when I was a kid they only ever numbed you if it was a deep filling now it seems to be routine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for Anthropologie! And yay for quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, i so wish we had an anthropologie! your apron is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a beautiful quilt collection!

    Hope you're not feeling too bad after the dentist.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love those quilts! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Having just come from the dentist myself, and now with a numb mouth, I can absolutely verify that YOU ARE CRAZY! However, having taken such an adorable picture of Jack, you've probably redeemed yourself! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a mouth full of fillings and not one without the drugs. You're a superhero. Love the quilt cupboard too, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That picture of Jack looking at the "projiks" is so sweet. You have quite the collection! How great that you are able to share it with him.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?