Saturday, June 16, 2007

Pay dirt

First and foremost, thank you for your kindness yesterday. Yesterday is long gone, and today is a much better day. We got up this morning and took ourselves on a little adventure. We went to garage sales (it is Saturday after all!), we saw the river, we had a great lunch, we ate blueberries and strawberries covered in chocolate, we visited Jack's favorite place (the train haus) and we had a big family nap in "the flowers bed" together. (That never happens around here. Never!)

The garage sales were awesome today. The kind of day where the luck is so good that you hate to see the clock on treasure hunting wind down. If only you could squeeze in just one more. *Some* of the treasures included this gorgeous glass bowl.
Pink and white things: The fluffiest white chenille blanket, complete with HUGE pom pom trim. A pink bushel basket. A big white glasbake bowl. An aqua Wilendur towel. The sweetest pair of rose pillowcases. A semi rusty pair of iron "angel wings" (I think they were probably plant holders of some sort?). An old handpainted bowl. A handpainted, heart shaped trinket dish. Pink plastic roses for holding birthday candles.
Red, white and blue things: An old quilt (pretty ratty in the middle). A pair of paper fans. A pillow made from an old quilt piece. A southern belle tablecloth. A pair of barkcloth curtains. An old painted iron adornment of some sort.
Red and green things: A GORGEOUS tablecloth. (I got 5 or 6 tablecloths at one sale! That is record best for me.) Red glass bead garland. Bottle brush wreath ornaments. Nearly a dozen hand painted hollow easter eggs. Green aluminum star glitter (I also got this in silver.)

Terrific, eh? Wish you had been there.

17 comments:

  1. You got some fabulous stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Aren't you gonna spill how much you paid for each? Or the grand total? I mean, really, that is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, as usual you did fantastic! I love the tablecloths and all the red white and blue goodies the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! that's a serious haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow pay dirt seems like an understatement. I love the pillowcase. Enjoy your spoils. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't hit a jackpot day like that for awhile. so lucky! and lucky that jack will go with you. i give parker a pocket full of quarters and he can shop with me all day long! works in the thrift store too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to go garage saling where YOU go garage saling. I had a very crappy garage sale day. YOU did awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I wish I had been there too! Such fabulous and amazing finds - impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice scores! i really like that pink/white photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fathers Day! Happy Fathers day to your special one!

    I love your blog, you are a long time blogger! I hope that today is a very wonderful day for the three of you. Fathers day and Mothers day are so special to kids! So Important.

    Thank you for visiting me! Now I have foound YOU!

    With kindness,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the first grouping best, but all of your finds are quite lovely. I really like how you featured them in their color family :)

    lucy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm having heart palpitations!!!!!! You are killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bowl! I hope that you use it everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that you had such a great day and made off with such a great haul - some of those things are really gorgeous! I'm also glad to hear that you had a better day with Jack. Sometimes I feel the same way with Katrina - that somehow I can will her to be in a better mood or smile more, etc. Then I catch myself at how silly that is and that she is just being her own person. It is really difficult sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What great finds! I had no such luck this weekend. I'll just have to live vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?