Tuesday, June 05, 2007

When did I?

Lately the only crafting I have been managing to squeeze in is paper related crafting. When did I become a paper crafter? LOL My sewing machine must be feeling terribly neglected.

Last year we made a handprint shadow box for Mother's Day. This year Dave and Jack bought me the Shabby Chic shadow box from Target. It has been sitting around a few weeks waiting for inspiration to strike me. As soon as I took those photos of Jack and the flowers a week ago, I knew exactly what to do with it.
I gussied up the card that Jack had picked out for me with crepe paper, more of that Target Christmas tinsel, a few of the flowers from the photo, and some scrap from
Tammy Gilley's etsy shop. I use the sewing machine on a big basting stitch to make the crepe paper ruffles.

In other news, Sunday was the 2 year anniversary for my little blog here. If you want to see Jack in his very first blog appearance (and all of his chubby baby cuteness!), you can click here . This blog has come a long way baby...

While we are (sort of) on the subject of fabric, if you were disappointed to not win that big stash of vintage fabric I gave away for my birthday, you can join me at Jen Duncan's fabric swap . 500 different pieces of fabric! How can you resist? Just imagine the patchwork projects to come from that!

9 comments:

  1. So happy you finally got your parcel of goodies from me! What a nightmare that was!! Thanks for your patience, I hope you enjoy everything. Darling little piece you've created, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee! Jack's baby pudge was cute!

    So, you sew paper with your regular sewing machine? I've never thought of that. I think I've seen a special machine for sewing paper, in scrapbooking shops and such. Do you need a special needle?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great shadow box !!! Jak looks sooo sweet. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shadow box is amazing! I have to keep that Target tinsel in the back of my mind and hope they have it again this year.

    I am having a drawing, stop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary!!!!Your shadow box is amazing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your blog-a-versary! i'm coming up on two years here in a few months! love the paper crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just happened across your blog tonight, via some other lovely little place and I just have to tell you that I adore the title and contents of your blog. Someday I hope to have a little Jack of my own. But for starters we have Annabelle Lucy, who is 15 months old and a pure delight. Oh, and your paperie crafts are lovely...I am so tickled to have found you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, that shadowbox turned out great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blogiversary!

    (And what a darling shadow box - I, for one, really enjoy seeing all the papercrafts!)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?