Friday, July 20, 2007

For the record books

I actually sewed something. In July. Amazing, LOL. (Of course I see now that my picture is a little lumpy and off, but there ya have it.) It was time to update that napping pillow again. I put the patchwork for the front together and discovered that I didn't have any white pom pom trim. And I *had* to have dotty trim to go with the dotty patchwork. It only took me 2 days to actually get to the store and buy some. (I am telling you I have l-a-z-y disease in the worst way this week.) Then once I had stuffed the thing I realized it was WAY too full for me to sew closed. I was going to give up, but my darling husband sewed it together for me instead. He's cool.
A sweet little thrifted dish. I use them to hold all sorts of things, change, keys, broken toy pieces, etc.

I also picked up the cutest fabric! I will put that photo on Flickr along with the finally uploaded pics of the rest of the picture set for Jack's room. Hopefully I will get some photos of the tiny redecorating projects up too for those of you have been asking. (Of course I didn't take before photos.)

In the meantime, is there a cure for "sit on the couch or the patio and do nothing" disease? :-)

11 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you finally got those pom-poms because they add the sweetest touch to the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet hubby! I to am always collecting small dishes and lost pieces of china, it looks so pretty and holds things so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its summer! enjoy a few more lazy days! the fall and winter will be on us before we know it and our machines will be humming again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are meant to be a bit lazy in summer! the pillow is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just got back from a Target run and had to let you now that they have train conductor caps, fake Thomas train cars and the wooden track all in the $ Spot!! There are even little people and the train crossing signs. If it is not at your Target let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I totally have that disease LOL. Today I worked on a baby bonnet and realized I had a huge mistake and ripped the whole thing out. That is about all I managed to accomplish. Fall is my season. I will be more productiove come September. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pillow is oh so sweet. It's just a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute! I just adore ball fringe. You've had some awesome finds lately, and I Florida has some great junk. You did a great job on that tablecloth. It certainly is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely pillow, so cute with the pom poms.What a great husband you have!
    Great thrifted dish too.
    I have been away on vacation and I haven't been able to read any blog so now I'm off to read some more.
    Have a lovely sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the pompom fringe. In my opinion, everything is better with pompom fringe!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've made a really cute pillow, started to clean out the closet, posted two blogs and took pictures of Jack and other items. I think you deserve a bit of couch time!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?