Wednesday, July 04, 2007

It's Independence Day

I had high hopes of spending the last 2 months taking pictures of things that are what America is to me, but until I get better about taking the camera along, I will have to make do with what we have around us today.
My sweet flag waving little boy.
Make-shift sparklers; vintage glass bead picks in a piece of styrofoam in a bucket.
The wire tree decked out with red, white and silver bells and chenille stem presidents and eagles.

There are a lot of things, both good and bad, that could be said about the current state of affairs in America.

Either way, we are still proud to be Americans.

Happy Birthday America.

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you captured what America is to you pretty well in these three shots! Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way always forgetting the camera, then when I do remeber it the darn batteries die.
    Well at least you always remember Jack! Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, you amaze me. Your tree is wonderful. have a lovely 4th xoxo Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the flag waving in the picture! Cute!!!

    And yes, we should all be proud and thankful to be Americans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you had a great fourth, sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cute pic of your little guy! We have a similar one of our youngest when he was three, waving a flag. He's 17 now; how the time flies!
    I really like the tree with the bells!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the patriotic decorations. you are so creative. geez. go bless america.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your blog. You really captured the whole red, white,and blue!! Laure

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?