Sunday, July 15, 2007

New collections

Hi again. It's been sort of quiet around here. I've been scratching that redecorating itch a little bit, we've been swimming and I've been making some extra money on Ebay for that trip to KY. (Ebay is way more work than I care to think about.) Some of you asked what the 127 sale was, so there is a little link for you. As part of the big (little) redecoration plans, I decided I wanted to put some pottery on our bedroom mantle. I picked up this sweet McCoy piece at the flea market this morning. I love the tulips!
This is a Roseville piece that was my grandparents. My mom gave it to me ages ago.
And another piece from the flea market this morning, unmarked this time, but really, really lovely. I was going to do all white, but there are some lovely colored pieces out there. Hopefully I will be able to add a few more pieces to the new collection when we do the 127 next month.

The only other newsworthy moment the past few days is that Jack has started to say "I am sad." Really melted me the first 2 times. The 900 times he tried to use it after that to get out of going to bed? Not so melt worthy. LOL

14 comments:

  1. We are planning to go to the sale for the first time ever..... have you been before? Any advice?
    We can hardly wait!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the tulips! You have a fabulous collection started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful site you have. I do the same thing with the notebooks, I have a bunch of them filled full of ideas. Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen of thrift finds. Clarice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tulips. My daughter figured out that "nightmare" was the magic word around here. She started having an awful lot of them to get into our bed, it's kind of funny, because she doesn't realize that she is supposed to be sleeping to have one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially love the Roseville piece. I've never seen anything like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what your trip to 127 is like. My mom and I are thinking of going next year and I'm really excited. The tulips are wonderful and Jack is so cute with his "I'm so sad." Katrina is such a ham, that I suspect she will be pulling stunts like that in the future too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmm! everything is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love that mccoy - actually, i am a bit jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Roseville piece! I like to surround myself with many of my granmothers possessions,even my banner is from a vintage decal from her things I inherited!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that sounds like so much fun, what a huge garage sale, so wish i lived closer! Get lots of fun stuff and here is to your redecoration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the blog help! Im just getting into the treasure hunting around here, and its hard to resist the urge to want to go every day! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosalyn-Sue5:56 AM

    The Roseville piece is just to die for! That's almost the color of my bedroom. Such a lovely site -- thanks for the sweet comments on my blog. I feel so lucky to find yours -- it's filled with so much crafty goodness!

    All the best to you and Jack --

    Rosalyn-Sue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sarah M.11:50 AM

    I love the tulip planter too!!! I am coveting it. Also love the beautiful red/white/blue tablecloth. I am the self-proclaimed Queen of Stain Removal, so I would have done the EXACT things you did. Gives you a definite sense of satisfaction, eh???

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?