Sunday, August 12, 2007

Normal

My grandfather is scheduled to have surgery this week. It feels like a long time since life has felt "normal" around here, and it is making me a bit anxious. So, I've spent the last 4 or 5 days digging in and trying to get back to our usual routine. Getting the laundry done, doing the grocery shopping, working a bit more on my redecorating projects, playing in the backyard, etc.

I don't think Jack has ever been so happy to see the backyard. It has been a 100 degrees or more here for weeks now, so we have to get out there by 8 am, but it was worth it for both of us.

We played on the "house wheeee." (One of those super expensive wooden playsets which we acquired for free! from someone who bought a new house and didn't need the playset in the backyard. All we had to do was take it down.)
We played Jack's favorite game, wash everything in the backyard. He can do this for hours.
You had to know there were bugs involved. We found cicada shells all over the playhouse. Jack likes to carry them around in his pockets. (Yes, I know, it's a *little* bit eww.)
Yesterday we all went garage saling together. It was National Garage Sale Day on August 10th, and I had hoped that would mean an extra bit of luck in my pockets. I didn't find a ton of anything, but I did find TWO feedsacks. That was super exciting for me, since I have never found them in St Louis before.

I have also been squeezing in some sewing, which feels good to do again. Hopefully this week I will be able to get back to more regular posting, I miss you all!

10 comments:

  1. I hope the surgery goes well-you and your family will be in my thoughts.

    Those are beautiful feed sacks-great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how exactly do you know that they are feedsacks? Are they printed on the backside?

    Best wishes to your sweet Grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. get used to the "eeews' of boyhood.

    And yes, the women on my husbands side are "done" decorating. They are the kind that can buy their whole rooms furniture in ONE day. They basically pick out a room at a furniture store and set it up the same way. They pity me, thinking I buy second hand stuff because they think we can't afford the "good" stuff. They don't get the shabby look at all and keep asking me when I plan to repaint my dining room table. I make them so nervous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh....good luck with your grandfathers surgery. keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back yard fun, you just can not beat it when seen through the eyes of a child
    Suzie Sews

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I hope the surgery goes well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that he is scheduled for surgery - I'll be hoping that everything goes smoothly. Also glad to hear the brief return to normal. Lord knows we all need that sometimes! Here's to more fun in the sun and more good finds.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all goes well!

    And congrats on the feedsack finds.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope life gets completely back to normal for you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be praying for your grandpa. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?