Sunday, September 09, 2007

Grounded

We are a bit grounded this week since our mini van is in the shop. (And we think in need of a rather large, expensive repair). Between being carless, having no sewing machine and Jack not napping I think I am going a little crazy. It might be a very long week!

We did manage to get to flea market this morning, but it has really been a dud for a few weeks. I picked up this rose fabric, which I really adore and is screaming to be made into a new bunting, but it is currently just going to taunt me until the return of the sewing machine.
A few vintage dish towels. The strawberry one has cute little berry baskets on it. I think the other is a tablecloth that someone cut up into towels. The dealer had a lot of them, and the pattern is just not quite right for a towel.
A Luray ball pitcher. I have no clue what I am going to do with this. I don't really collect these type of things, and it has 2 chips so not really a huge resale item. When he came down to $2 I figured I could throw some flowers in it or something. It is a pretty thing.
Ever since I saw the owl quilt block on Jessica's blog , I have been unable to get it out of my head. With the Husky down and out, the only place I could put it was on a shirt for Jack. (I am the world's slowest hand sewer.) With Halloween coming I could seriously make a million of these owls and put them everywhere. Love them, love them. Be sure to see her chicken quilt too! Amazing what a difference the bright colors made in that quilt pattern.

Vicki at Hollyhocks asked me if I would like to do a weekly tablecloth post, and we all know I could not resist that. Starting this Thursday, September 13th, I will be doing vintage tablecloth Thursdays. Would anyone else like to join us? If you do, leave me a note here or on Thursdays post and I will be sure to put a link to you up so other people can check out your lovely cloths.

I hope you all had lovely thrifty/crafty/relaxing weekends!

16 comments:

  1. Um, I know what you can do with that LuRay pitcher....you have my address, right? ;) LOL Two bucks? Unbelievable!

    Seriously, I LOVE LuRay but I never find it. The only pieces I have are a creamer (my first piece) and 2 platters that I bought last year at the thrift. I paid WAY too much for them but I was so excited at finally finding some LuRay that I temporarily lost my senses. I'm sure you've seen that photo in Country Living with the whole wall of LuRay on shelves? Every time I see it it makes me sigh!

    Can't wait to see your tablecloth posts at Hollyhocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No vehicle?? No sewing machine??? Yikes!!

    That owl applique is adorable and I can't wait to see your tablecloth posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicki5:33 PM

    Hi There, Hollyhocks checking in. I will post tomorrow or Tuesday to let my folks know what we're doing with the tablecloth post. What fun. I can't wait to see what people have been collecting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that owl is cute! no machine? yikes! hope both of them are running again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No mini van, no sewing machine and no nap?? Oh, boy!

    Do you have "The Preschooler's Busy Book"? I have the older kids version and it has some great ideas. If you want to try some "projiks" with Jack, try http://scrumdillydo.blogspot.com/index.html.

    The owl is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that you are debating what to do with that pitcher!! so jealous. i am moving to your town if that is a sucky find. topeka bites when it come to thrift shops. and the owl. gasp. i am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how yummy!!!!!i could live without the car but,,,,,not thge machine!LOL:)iM still so in love with that vintage crib quilt, I keep coming back & staring at it! What a dork!!!!
    ang

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pitcher too. It will be beautiful just hanging around your house. And I do send positive thoughts your way on getting the van and the sewing machine back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pitcher is so precious! Lets see... what would I do with it.
    Probably hang it from it's handle from a tree filled with bird-seed!
    Omg, I amaze myself. I need to search for a pitcher now! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the fabric. I think a bunting would be just right. I hope you get things back on track soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! That own is cute cute! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pitcher! But I truly covet the dish towels. I NEVER find towels like that. In my humble opinion wayyy cool finds. cherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tablecloth Thursday! Oh I am in! Looking forward to seeing that and I have a few pics of my own to share!

    Good luck with the car thing. I was without for a week before we gave in and rented one. It was torture to miss the Labor Day sales!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope you get your van gets home quickly.

    I would love to join you on Tablecloth Thursday, but I have none. None at all. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you have your van back yet? I hope your week is going along well.

    I was also happy to hear that your grandpa's surgery went well.

    I am so behind on everything! Sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pitcher is lovely! It would look great with flowers in it.

    I agree with Karyn on the no vehicle + no sewing machine = yikes! Oh my... I hope they both get fixed soon for your sake!

    Love the owl applique (of course)!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?