Thursday, September 20, 2007

Keep on swimming

Thank you all for your kindness. I need to keep working to find some acceptance for our current state of affairs, as it is quite apparent that this going to be our reality for some time. So, I am going to just keep on swimming. (Thanks LLA!)

With no sewing machine I am "forced" to resort to paper crafts. (I actually quite like paper crafting, but I don't really have the supplies that I do for sewing, so it requires careful planning. Jack only lasts about 2.2 seconds in Archivers before disaster is looming. At least during this trip there were about 20 other kids his age having an equally hard go of it.)

Despite having taken 20 photographs of this guy in every light imaginable, I haven't really captured the metallic papers very well. But you get the idea, right? I always have one idea in my head and then when I get to the store I can never find the paper I envisioned. (I was hoping for orange and brown polka dots for the background.) I am glad I had to go with the stars now, they are just right. Hoooooot, hoooooooot, I am still looking forward to Halloween!

BTW, did anyone else watch Kid Nation last night? I cried a little with Jimmy, but man kids are amazing creatures. I was so impressed with their kindness, their enthusiasm and their bravery.

I will be back tomorrow with something. Who knows what though. LOL

15 comments:

  1. Hang in there!

    Love the card (especially the stars)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. way cute owl! i saw the last 20 min or so of kidnation - very cool, i think i'll watch with my daughter next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the owl, Sarah. Love your perseverance to create NO MATTER WHAT! :-) Wish you lived closer...I'd hook you up~~extra sewing machine...whatever you need, I've probably got it! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  4. autum8:35 AM

    Keep on swimming- I like that attitude and I love your little hoot owl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the paper project. Very cute and very "Fall"! And way to keep crafting while you're stressing.

    {I could take some pointers. We've just moved into our house and I'm wanting to craft. But I'm stressed, so I don't. But it'd do me good!}

    Good luck with everything...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got your craft on! I have never heard of Archivers. I'll have to google it. I did watch Kid Nation and I was quite impressed as well. I felt bad for the little 8 year old. (Was that Jimmy?-I was also grading papers.) But I was so impressed with how the show was edited because I thought it really showed kids in a positive light. They really were so kind to him. I hope the kindness continues next week. I will be sure to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed the show..darn!


    You always do have a great attitude, hang in there.....things will get better!

    Love your papercraft, your owl is way cool :)

    lucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!! The owl is soooo cute!!! Hang in there, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It will get better - take care - Rachaelxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your owl. I may have to steal him for a shirt applique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I like your paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your little owl...he is adorable. your tree is AWESOME! nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed kid nation but am going to try and catch the repeat this weekend.

    Your owl is perfect...makes me want to do a Halloween craft! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness I love that owl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. want to know just how well I take my own advice????

    Well - the fact that it's taken me more than a MONTH to read this post... well, that just speaks volumes, doesn't it????

    Hope all is well!
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?