Sunday, September 30, 2007

Of parks and pumpkins

Yesterday we attempted to take Jack to a local PBS event called Arthur's Picnic in the Park. I stupidly thought it would be great fun, we would get to meet Curious George (which Jack has already done once, but he was pretty young then and doesn't remember), Bert & Ernie, Arthur and more. What I didn't realize was that they would set up tents, put a different character in each tent, and then have 2 and 3 year olds line up for up to 2 hours to see "each" character. (So 5 hours later you would have seen maybe 3 characters.) I had imagined the furry things would be walking around, like at Disney World, so I told Jack that George was just too busy to play today and we left.

We did what any other Halloween crazed people would do, and went to the pumpkin patch instead. (But not before playing with a giant Hibiscus we found lying on the grass on the 2 mile hike back to the car. Man, he is so cute in that flower picture I could eat him up.)
As soon we arrived at the pumpkin farm Jack yelled out, "It's a pumpkin party! Look at all those pumpkins." (That big pile o' pumpkins is reportedly 56,000+ pounds of pumpkins.) He ran around the farm putting pumpkin after pumpkin into the wagon. I think he would have bought 100 pumpkins if we would have let him. He is particularly fond of the "tiny pumpkins."

I guess it's a good thing I decided to have a pumpkin party for the "number free burfday" then, eh?
When I was uploading the photos from yesterday I realized how much taller Jack is than last year when he could walk through that tunnel easily. By next year I imagine he will be crawling through it!
And my sewing machine is repaired at last! I whipped up a quick pillow as a gift for someone, but I need to get on that huge pile of things to be sewn. Jack really has his heart set on an owl costume for Halloween, and with time flying at the rate it is right now, I need to get the other projects done so I can get started on that very soon.

Guess I had better go clean up the messy disaster in there now then. LOL

23 comments:

  1. That is SUCH an adorable photo of Jack! And your pillow is very very cute!
    The pumpking patch sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! That is a fantastic photo of your little man.

    : )

    Happy pumpkining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. jack is so cute! wish i could have gone to the pumpkin patch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very sweet picture of Jack with the flower on his head. I'm sure when he's a teen he won't be fond of it. :-)

    My kids always loved the little bitty pumpkins, too. There's something magical about them, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well yippee for the sewing machine Sarah!! Jack is adorable. When you quoted "It's a pumpkin party!" I thought of Go Dog, Go; "It's a dog party!! A big Dog party!!" (I've memorized all of Dr Seuss these past 6 years).
    I'd have been with you on passing on the 2 hour lines. I want to please the kids but can't stand bein' a lemming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Hibiscus hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's happy news about the sewing machine. Can't wait to see the owl costume!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, what a great photo with the hibiscus! It's totally apparent that Jack was having a ball!

    I think that you found the most fabulous pumpkin patch ever, btw! Wow!

    Yay about your sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness just look at all those pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness your sewing machine is fixed! Yay!! :) Very cute pillow.

    Jack is adorable in that first photo! It looks like a fun day:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a sweet picture of Jack! Sounds like y'all had a great time.

    I've passed on an award to you for your kindness when I first started my blog. You may have received it before, but if you have, well, you're getting it again. Check out today's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you got your machine back! Fun...that pillow is adorable.

    I loved looking at those 2 pictures of Jack, how neat to have them in the same place one year apart. That only happens for me by accident. ;) He is such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun.... and Jack is such a doll. Thanks for sharing the fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pumpkin patch looks much better
    Sounds like you had fun!
    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  15. what fabulous photos! and jack sure looks like he was having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That flower picture is killing me! It should be on a greeting card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pumpkin party! What a sweetie. Love your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your little Jack is adorable!! Have you ever considered dressing him up as a pumpkin, taking a picture and entitling it, "Jack-be-little" after the pumpkin variety??
    Can't you just picture how cute he'd be??!!
    Looks like a fun day...that pumpkin patch looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, what a cutie. If he were just a little smaller, he could be one of those Ann Geddes babies! Love the pillow....

    ReplyDelete
  20. tvbgreat day
    Suzie Sews

    ReplyDelete
  21. Jack is so cute in that flower picture!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boy, that Jack of yours is really ADORABLE! His picture with the flower on his head made me laugh! I could eat him up too! Soooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?