Friday, October 19, 2007

Hapde Burfday

My darling Jack,

Today you are 3!
I think that is every bit as cool as you do. This past year you have definitely been your own person, there really is no mistaking who Jack is now.
You've done so many exciting new things: starting school, moving into a big boy bed, learning how to dress yourself, and becoming a very big helper too.
You've continued to melt my heart with your sweetness. (Today you told me your baby was "gorgeous!" in her jammies and then you told me how much you loved her and couldn't wait to lay down with her.) And let's not forget that you make me laugh every day. (This week I love "Oh that is DISGUSTING!" and "Isn't this great?").
You are striving every day for independence and yet you still want me to hold you when you are hurt, sing "You are my sunshine" at bedtime everyday and sit on my lap when we watch Dora.
I hope that along with last year's enthusiasm and curiousity you will always have this year's determination.

(And I hope that I am able to remember that part of my job as your mama is to let you have wings, it's a big leap from toddler to preschooler, isn't it?)

Hapde Burfday my little boy.

With love,
Mama

27 comments:

  1. Happy, Happy Number Free, Jack-Jack! I hope the party is every bit as fun as you have planned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you have a great day, cute boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH number free is just da bestest ever!! Happy burfday to your sweet little man. Enjoy every moment, for they are truly fleeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hapde Free Burfday. I hope you had a great day, Jack!

    (Spenser's right behind you.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hapde Burfday Number Free Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Jack. Three is a fun year. Have a great day!

    Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww , happy burfday Jack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Jack!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, so much fun!!! Happy, happy birthday little one! xo-Mel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Birthday Wishes for Jack!

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, you adorable funny little man!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here's sending our birthday wishes to little Jack! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. May Free be the happiest year yet for Mama and Jack. Happy Brithdy Partying. :)

    Just wanted to send you a little invetation to a little swap my friend Fairlight and I are hosting over here at: http://homespiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've been reading your blog for awhile now and wow! is he getting big!? happy belated b-day, Jack!

    :) D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday little one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, happy birthday to the oh so cute little one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. happy birthday to jack! this is a sweet post, sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy birthday Jack! I love catching up and love your letter to him (Katrina's favorite song is you are my sunshine as well!). There is something going out in the mail today. So glad that you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Number free!! Happy birthday sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh!

    Happy (belated) birthday to your sweet, sweet boy! Such a cutie....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy birthday to your little Jack! My little man had a birthday the very next day.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A happy birthday to Jack! Seems like only yesterday I was taking similar 3rd birhtday pictures on the Zoo Line Railroad...with my own little Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday (a bit late) to Jack! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy (Belated) Birthday to you little Jack!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. 'to you' works just as well but I meant to say 'to *your* little Jack!' lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. What say you?